My First девочка

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by pagj17, Jun 28, 2011.

1. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Okay so not quite. It's a Finn M39 but I'm working on learning Russian so I felt it fit:) For those unknowing, девочка= Devochka= Girl :)
    She's a little beat up, but beautiful still. Already cleaned the bolt and barrel. Chamber's next, on Thursday(payday) So i Can get some Hoppes Number 9:). She's a 1942 Sako, Blue's 100% but the stock's beat to S**t. That add's character though, since none of it's in vital areas. Plus some of it looks to be Cosmoline. I did end up paying 280 for her through Gunsnammo but... Definitely worth it. Can't wait to shoot 'er.

Attached Files:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

хорошая винтовка

3. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Thanks:) Russian's probably the toughest language I've attempted to learn, that's probably why I'm stickin' with it:)

Sadly the rifle is only going to get about 30 rounds through it until August at the very least. Just started one of those health Kicks and I'm bribing myself with ammo and such:p

4. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

я согласен, красивая девочка... ;)

5. c3shooter

kanssa kivääri, sinun pitäisi puhua suomea.

Kyllä, hän on hyvin kaunis tyttö

:p

6. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Lol I know I should but it's not one of the Rosetta Stone languages(had to run that one through the translator haha.

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Close up picks man!!!!!

8. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Well Guys.... I had some down time, so here she is!

Attached Files:

9. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Only kidding btw. Some other guy did that to his rifle [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GeV9xqLqp4]YouTube - ‪Modified Mosin Nagant (Skeletal Mosin)‬‏[/ame]

I'm Gonna take some extra close ups for ya'll in a minute.

10. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

The Highlighted area(in red) is a rather rough spot on the outside of the break of the crown. I don't think it'll affect things, but we'll see. Ordering 60 rounds of Czech SRTA and a hundred something yugo heavy ball's on friday evening.

Attached Files:

11. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Upean näköinen Ukko-Pekka, hieno hankinta! :D

12. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Ya'll needa stop talkin' commie, dagnabbit!

13. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I cant understand word their saying. Think their talking about Tango.

14. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Nah.....nobody is shy about talking trash on Tango, they'd just do that openly......

15. c3shooter

Oh, how the public schools in Shawnee Mission are letting us down. :p

Dot wer Finnish. Finnland. Home of the greatest sniper that ever lived. Good Finnish boy named Simo.

Simo Häyhä (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈsimɔ ˈhæy̯hæ]) (December 17, 1905 – April 1, 2002), nicknamed "White Death" (Russian: Белая смерть, Belaya Smert; Finnish: valkoinen kuolema; Swedish: den vita döden; German: der weiße Tod) by the Red Army, was a Finnish sniper. Using a modified Mosin–Nagant in the Winter War, he has the highest recorded number (505) of confirmed sniper kills in any major war.

16. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Ha ha, damn right they are.

I'm almost completely retarded and I was in the top 10% of my class......

17. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Yeah, no commies here. I was just complimenting the OP for his purchase, Ukko-Pekka is a nick name given to the M/39 by Finns.

18. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Thank's aleskiR, that's something I didn't know:) (nowonder it didn't translate:p)