My favorite splatter gun. What a hoot to shoot!

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Rancid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Baikal Bounty Hunter I coach gun with real external hammers. There is also a Bounty Hunter II with fake hammers and internal firing pins. My Baikal is a HOOT to shoot! It comes with two chokes, but is cylinder bore without the chokes. They are made in Russia :eek: and are built like tanks. I had mine slicked up by one of the best cowboy action gunsmiths in the country so it just falls open and ejects the spent cases better. With double-ot buckshot it is a howl to shoot ... and it will blow a burglar right back out the door.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I've got three of dem twoce hole shootsguns. One is a Fox Sterlingworth- good bird gun. The other is a 105 year old Hopkins and Allen Hammerless that I found in minty, dang near unfired condition (would love to know HOW that happened).
    But my favorite is a cheap Brazilian Boito. You see- when we had been married a year, my lady saved up her lunch money at work, and bought it for me as an anniversary present. Worth more than any gun I own.

JTJ, towboater, Oldoutlaw and 9 others like this.

3. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I like sxs shotguns, I think I have 3 or so old Stevens 311s in 12 and 16 gauge along with two BP guns ive never shot. I would really like a 410 next

towboater likes this.
  4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

A few weeks ago I ran into a custom by bubba 12 gauge 311. They wanted $250 and I left it there. It was shortened to a coach gun and poorly Cerakoted. I have run across a lot of work by bubba lately. I guess the owners figure with a tight market buyers wont be picky. I have been watching for a 410 coach gun. Stoeger makes them.

SRK97 likes this.
  5. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Twice barreled carbines, as they say on the bayou!!!;)

6. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I learned to shoot a shotgun with a Stevens 311 12 ga, and prefer the two-holers to this day.
    A couple years ago I got a 311 16ga at a show for $140. I took it to my brothers place in IA so I don't have to lug a shotgun back and forth in case I want to hike around and pretend I might see a pheasant.
    Have I mentioned lately how much I detest autocorrect?

SRK97 likes this.
  7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I still have a Stoeger 20 gauge coach gun. I kept it in the RV because it was quick to load and unload and not much said if crossing state lines. Good for bears with Brenneke slugs.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

This is my Double 12 Ga. with Double Hammers.
    I sets above my Fireplace for Home Defense!
    And in a Beer Stein beside my Lazy Boy is a few Slugs and 00 Buck Shells should I need them.

03 Fire Place Picture.JPG
    SHotgun Fire Place Rack.JPG

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    SRK97, RKB, towboater and 1 other person like this.