My favorite rifle?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by davidarnold1947, Jan 4, 2013.

1. davidarnold1947

davidarnold1947 New Member

I'm replying to the person who asked about favorite rifles. As far as a semi-automatic. I'd probably say the Springfield M-14 I carried while in the Army. Its accuracy was outstanding even at long distances. Being a 308, and darn reliable. It's also a pretty good all around hunting rifle. The best hunting rifle I ever owned and still do is a Remington BDL 700 chambered in 30-06. It's a bolt action and it too is extremely accurate. I've taken a few dear with that one. And since I loaded my own bullets. I could fool around with a wide variety of loads and bullet designs weights. With the proper load and bullet. The 06 will take anything from jack rabbits to deer and even grizzly and polar bear. If you have any plans of hunting in Africa. I'd recommend a larger caliber in magnum. And don't forget to bring along your AK, M-4 or Springfield 14 to protect yourself from all those who hate Americans.

2. cuate

cuate New Member

Those certainly stand out as super rifles. I took the "Po" boy route considering costs. My favorite super accurate rifle with trigger modifications in the Russian Mosin 7.62X54r which is no beauty but will bring down game, even the big and dangerous kinds.

And my fun gun, plinking and for whatever, sufficient for deer or feral hogs is the semi-auto AK47 with several modications, being a better rear sight, a Tapco T6, AR type stock, and a better muzzle blast flash hider rather than the slanted one. I feel adequately protected from evildoers and invaders, and other reasons mentioned in the 2nd Amendment of out Constitution. Which incidently I intend to defend even at the loss of my life should that become necessary.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Moved your post over to the rifle section- you were in site administration.

As far as a favorite rifle- you expect me to tell some of my childen that I love others more than them? HERESY! :D

4. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

My favorite rifle that I don't own,
    M1 Garand, carried while in the Army.
    My favorite that I do own,
    My SAKO RIIHIMAKI .222 RIFLE

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  5. Genec

Genec New Member

I have a Socom 16 that I love......I tweaked it alittle.

[​IMG]

6. clem_

clem_ New Member

Mine is my Marlin 1895GBL 45/70.

7. BudW

BudW New Member

06 Sako Finn bear delux

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Colt LE 6940 with TA31H ACOG..:):)

For hunting, Winchester 70 Featherweight .30-06 in McMillan stock, with 1.5-6X42 Swarovski..

9. samnev

samnev New Member

My favorite rifle is my Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Folder with a 308 24 " Bartlein barrel. It has a Nightforce NXS 8-32X56 with zero stop, high speed turrets and a MOAR reticle in an AI 18 MOA mount and an Atlas spigot bipod.

10. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Colt 6520/6720

Light, accurate, easy to carry, and easy to configure.

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Need Pictures!!!

Same here!!!!

Never seen either up close. I'm more of a practical guy. I like both reach out and high cap/cycle.

1945 DOU
    [​IMG]
    1942 PU 91/30
    [​IMG]

For up close, Romanian Wasr(sar)2 5.45x39 Cugir built.
    [​IMG]

12. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Were close on the hunting, pre 64 win model 70, 264 win mag, swarovski z5, grandads honey it used to be topped with a old redfield 4x. What a sweet ol shooter. Plus the memories it has are just right for camp.

13. deadeye

deadeye New Member

My favorite rifle is probably the one I shoot the least. It's a beautiful custom .338 win mag, with a truly butter smooth Mauser action. Trial and error showed me the load she loves, and she can send that love over a very long distance. Sure, she beats me up a little when I take her out, but that's well worth it when it's over. Sort of like my wife, now that I think about it. I'll post a picture or two tomorrow if anyone's interested.

14. Donn

Donn Active Member

Then, my issue M-14. Now, like C3 said, I can't choose. There's a reason the ones in my safe are in my safe.

15. cottontop

cottontop Guest

favorite rifle

[​IMG]

This is my Husqvarna M96 commercial action in 8x57. It will shoot sub MOA groups with 180 grain Nosler BT's and the new CFE 223 powder. The scope is a old Weaver 2.5x7.
    cottontop

16. oldmannewlady

oldmannewlady New Member

358 Winchester, dead right there.

17. 7mmstw

7mmstw New Member

It baffles me how someone's favorite rifle could be a mosin.

18. AR10

AR10 New Member

I lean toward black guns, ARs being a favorite. My favorite AR is a DPMS LR-308. It is like an Arnold S of ARs.

I also like the Winchester from the Rifleman.

Handgun would be a Glock 20 with mag extensions, holds 18 +1 of 10mm.

Attached Files:

19. Reaper61

Reaper61 New Member

My new Marlin 336 is quickly becoming my favorite. Although I do miss my M249 from Iraq...