my favorite pocket knife.

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by mosin762, Nov 3, 2013.

1. mosin762

mosin762 New Member

The seat belt cutter on my usmc spring assisted pocket knife is starting to rust on one side. Do you guys happen to know where I could get a new cutter blade for it.

Fyi : I wasn't in the marine corps. I have family and friends that are or were in the marine corps and I am just showing my support for the corps. It's also the branch I would choose if we ever have another draft. That and / or the airforce (ac-130 gunner).

ForumRunner_20131103_091820.jpg

2. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Do you know who made this knife? Several companies make this style of knife. Yours looks like an M Tech to me, but I can't really tell. You're best bet would be to contact the company that made the knife, and see if they can replace the blade.

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

That's one of the $15 each or 2 for $25 knives they peddle at gunshows. Probably not worth tracking down a new blade. Just buy another at the next gunshow that comes along.

4. mosin762

mosin762 New Member

I got it at the kendallville, indiana October apple festival for $15. I found the "non- branch specific) version on Walmart.com. I'm thinking about getting it and just switching the blades out if need be.

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Ebay, $12.95 with free shipping.

6. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Polish it and keep it oiled.

7. mosin762

mosin762 New Member

Thanks guys. I have owned knives my whole life. As of yet the previously mentioned knife is my favorite folding knife. My favorite fixed blade is my Winchester Bowie that I got for Christmas. It is the knife in the attached picture. If you like it, you can get one at Walmart for $20. I also own a ww1 German m1898 Mauser bayonet.

ForumRunner_20131104_161507.jpg

8. unclebear

unclebear New Member

Hey I got me one of them, I use mine like a small machete seems to work pretty well for now. Over all I like the feel of the knife, I'd have to say one of my favorite knives is my Kershaw Wildcat I bought last year for work to open boxs and what not turns out it's a pretty nice knife for gutting deer.