My driver

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, May 23, 2014.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Well, ok, my drivers.
    2000 Continental for the weekends.
    1993 Town Car for work.
    1997 F 150 XLT, just an extra now. I guess it's for sale.

Attached Files:

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i'll take that truck off your hands for ya. a truck needs to be driven... not parked.. ;)

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

And here I was thinking of golf....

I would show you mine, but I would use too much bandwidth by posting her picture.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Also have a 93 Town Car- but my F150 is a 1985.

5. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I use my driver for to and from work, leisure drives and racing.

260169_232238106786339_4480352_n.jpg

6. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I was wondering where my trade in went! :eek:

7. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Wait wait wait..... you mean you actually used to DRIVE that Ford?!?! Chevy all the way!!! :D

8. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I don't know what that ^^^^ is, but I'm certainly impressed with the custom coachwork.

9. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I had a Chevy once myself. Lived up to it's acronym:

Cheap, hardly efficient, virtually ran on luck every time. ;)

There is no substitute for a strong running Ford 300. Gobs of torque, and you just can't kill them.

10. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Red,....Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

11. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Red? What's wrong with red?
    It's just a color on a truck, not a life choice. :D
    The only color I can't abide on a vehicle is white. You can have a Rolls, but if it's white, it still looks like a service vehicle.
    The only white vehicle I've ever owned was a new Chevy S 10 that was my SERVICE VEHICLE for my business in Flagstaff. ;)

12. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

I see a problem with your Racer! You have too much added weight inside, and it would be more aero dynamic if you took the purple pumpkin off and went with an orange one! :D

13. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Had a Chevy once, it made my legs tired !.................

14. kfox75

Hey! I like my white 92 F-150 because it looks like a service vehicle. If I leave the little amber LED light on the roof flashing, I never get ticketed over where I park. ;)

Wonders if GM has made any improvements to that heated tail gate design yet......... :D

Yes, I drive a Ford, and as an amputee, I am very picky about the quality of the shoes i wear. ;) Haven't had to push it yet, but I am still prepared to if the battery dies. There's a reason I look for 3 pedals when I buy a truck, and that started when I bought my last Chevy.

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

That's funny, the one and LAST ford I had ran

like crap, and fell apart.

Never had a problem with Dodge or Chevy.

How about Fixed Or Repaired Daily,
    Found On Road Dead, and Forked On a Raw
    Deal?

My one and only vehicle is and always will be a

pickup.

16. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

You Forgot, First On Race Day !.................

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i haven't owned a car in many years. i love my four door trucks! i can seat five people with ease and still have plenty of cargo space in the bed if needed. i seriously doubt i'll ever own another car, other than the wife's car.

18. kfox75

Every vehicle has the same problem. The nut behind the wheel. :D

You forgot: Frequently Overhauled, Rapidly Depreciating,

Fast only Rolling Downhill.

F'ed over rebuilt Dodge.

Farmer's only reason for drinking.

F'ed over rolling disaster.

Yes, I do drive a Ford, I have owned a couple of Chevys, and a handful of Dodges (on my 3rd Dakota), 1 Isuzu, and a Nissan (by Datsun for those who are old enough to remember when Nissan was Datsun). Some were great (70 Dodge Power Wagon, 4X4 with a 440 and a Granny gear 4 speed) some were 1 step above crap (66 El Camino with a 327, TH 350, and so many electrical issues that it only got driven 4 times in the year that I owned it), and some should have been crushed long before I got ahold of them (75 F-100 300, 3 on the tree that did not have a single rust free or straight panel on it, and every rod and main bearing was shot. It lasted about 2 weeks before the motor blew on it). Every make has it's gems, and every make puts out the occasional lemon. I've owned my share of both.

I have to ask, did your 1st and last Ford happen to have the 5 liter (302) in it? i had one that was an absolute dog, but the body was damn near perfect. Out with the small block and automatic trans, in with a big block (460) backed up with a 5 speed from an 86 tow truck, lack of power (and reliability) solved.

19. kfox75

Last car I owned was 10 years ago. I made the mistake of buying a truck, and my wife kept taking it on me, and leaving the car. I sold the car, and used the cash from it and my tax refund to pick up a truck for her, and now I am riving that truck. The extended cab Dakota I got for myself is still her daily driver, and I have the 92 F-150 as mine. My only complaint is that I had to go back to a standard cab after owning nothing but extended cabs for the last 15 years. Much nicer to go the other way.

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

after having extended cabs and four door trucks for so long now, i just couldn't hardly go back to a regular cab truck. i would feel very cramped for room for things.