My daughters' first guns

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by murraywc, Jul 10, 2010.

1. murraywc

murraywc New Member

I went to a gun show today and bought my both my daughters a gun then took them shooting. They are 16 and 13 they both loved them. They are Bersa 380 and they shoot pretty well they liked them and I think they will enjoy them. I wanted something that was inexpensive but was easy to use. It was between the Kel Tec and the Bersa and they both liked the way the Bersa felt. I also liked the fact that they had a safety.

Attached Files:

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

You rock, Dad! The Bersa's are quite good.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The Bersa .380's are a sleeper deal. They are excellent pistols and way better quality than the price would seem to indicate. Ya' dun good Dad. ;)

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Cool beans! I really enjoy the time I spend with my daughter at the range.

[​IMG]

5. Lupo

Lupo New Member

Nothing is better than range time with the ol' man! Im 17 and its something I cherish every time! Good pick! Nicely done!

6. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I gave my daughter a Sig 226(9mm) for her 19th birthday. She will call me all the time asking to shoot with her and about 90% of the time we get together and empty a few boxes of ammo. It's probably the most fun shooting I have these days. She's a great shot but with her school and all she is not around as much and I"m used to her being here every day. Seems like last week I took her fishing and she caught a little catfish. She was only 4 years old then. <sigh>

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Seems like you made an investment that should pay dividends for years to come in quality time together.

You also made the right choice between Kel-Tec and Bersa. The Bersa 380/Thunder is a very solid little gun at a reasonable price. Similar Kel-Tec models are build for concealment, and that's about it. It's a gun with a very specific purpose, and not a lot of fun as a plinker. Bersas on the other hand are perfect starter platforms.

9. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Well done! Bersas .380s and .22s are their best products, much better than their 9mm, .40 or .45 handguns.

The company is run by good people who do their best to help protect what few rights Argentine gun owners still have. Our anti-gun government gives them a very hard time whenever they get a chance (I'm friend's with Bersa's factory manager). Thanks for supporting Bersa with your purchase!

10. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

Congrats on all accts.
    Bersas are great guns.
    And how lucky are you that your daughters like to shoot.

I have no children but I have managed to get half my brothers and sisters to go shooting and two now have their CCW and own pistolas. Which I thought would never happen.

Congrats again. Keep us updated on how they are doing.

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Goof for you and better for your daughters. I love taking mine shooting although she drops the f-bomb alot when firing the xd40.

Attached Files:

12. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

I decided myself for the Kel Tec and my daughter which is also sixteen loves it. Now the pf9 doesn't have a safety lever, but the hammer which is inset, cannot hit the firing pin unless the trigger is completely pressed, unblocking the hammer and releasing it to hit the pin, anyways here the original sights:
    [​IMG]
    If your Bersas came like my pistol with standard boring white dots, and there are not third party night sights you could try glow-on, here the keltec with glow-on applied to the original sights
    [​IMG]
    Just spent a few bucks, and you can put it on any gun or rifle in fact there is enough for several weapons

13. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Did you say XD40?

'cause since I'm in the neighborhood i happen to have some pics from Springfield Armory XD40 with night sights, just in case, since I noticed the shooting is happening outdoors, if it should last throughout the evening you might need some of the same stuff, check this out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Well done; both for taking time with the girls and selection of the pistols.

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I just got some of that Glo-On stuff. I got it for fishing lures at first but I think it would work as well or better than the Ghost Glow stuff that I've used for a while now on about anything I want to be able to see better :)

16. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Please let me know how that works for you:)