My Christmas present!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by GunsGodAndCountry, Dec 26, 2013.

1. GunsGodAndCountry

GunsGodAndCountry New Member

My wonderful husband and I visited a lgs today and I saw a s&w 360 pd that I just fell head over heels in love with. The only concern I had was that it had fiber optic sights, which I wasn't too keen on. It had a price tag of $870 so I decided that I needed to mull it over for the night (much to my husband's chagrin) and we went to another lgs to check out what they had to offer. Turns out they had the very same gun, used without fiber optic sights and with a set of Hogue grips for $699! Needless to say, mama has a new (to me!) wheel gun. We are headed out to shoot it now, but I already know I love it!!

(sorry its upside-down, Im using the app for android)

20131226_172223.jpg

Attached Files:

2. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Man, I wish my wife would let me buy her a gun for Christmas……I didn't know a wheel gun of that type could go for so much.:eek:

3. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

The MSRP on this particular gun is $1019 (with the fiber optic front sight - GGaC's doesn't have the fiber optic front sight, and the S&W website doesn't list the MSRP for the one without it anyway).

5. GunsGodAndCountry

Update: it shoots to the right a bit so we'll be sending it in to s&w to see if they can adjust it. Other than that, it shoots like a dream. I can't wait to find a bra holster for it!

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

It's defective and I'd take it back. The handle is on the wrong side. It is suppose to be on the bottom :)

[​IMG]

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Lol !

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

Yeah so on that note... Anyone know if there's anything Smith can do to fix the point of impact issue? The front sight doesn't appear to be driftable.

9. GunsGodAndCountry

Everybody likes some ass, but no one likes a smart ass ;-)

10. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

My reputation did not come to me easily. :D

11. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Not really adjustable. Did you try benching it? Sometimes it is the way the gun is gripped more than the actual sight position. Being a newer generation of S&W, they may be able to turn the barrel a bit to adjust the sight, since the barrels aren't pinned in place any more, and are just press fitted.

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

Didn't try benching it. But every shot was consistently going to the right. After I noticed it, which only took one cylinder being shot from me, I really focused on my fundamentals on every single shot. Everything was going to the right, including in SA.

Within the next couple weeks I think its going back to Smith. I've heard excellent things about their warranty work and turn-around time.

I'm glad to hear about their barrels. Makes it sound like there's hope. Otherwise, I can bet this is why someone got rid of the gun.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Awesome. Beautiful revolver. Congratulations.

Umm.......I kind of do. :eek:

14. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

At that retail price, and with a $1000+ MSRP, I would take it back to the gun shop and ask for another. No excuse for that at that price point…..

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  15. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Very nice, congratulations !!

16. GunsGodAndCountry

Where are you coming up with that msrp? Smith's website suggests just over $1000 so I believe you're mistaken. We actually got a fairly good deal.

17. string1946

string1946 New Member

Thats a very nice handgun. I'm still a revolver fan. I don't know about that revolver but I know sometimes they can turn the barrel just a little to tweek the windage just a bit. If the barrel isn't pinned they might be able to take care of you. I looked at two on Gunbroker and the buy it now prices were $999 and $1019 so it appears you did well.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  18. JW357

JW357 New Member

It is a used gun and the only snubbie .357 the store had. As stated, the other store had the same gun (with a fiber optic front sight) for about $170 more.

We got a good deal.

19. JW357

JW357 New Member

We just shot a box of Blazer Brass .357 Magnums through it. I was hoping there would be a different point of impact with a different load. No such luck. Still patterning to the right of point of aim.

That's ok. The gun is extremely accurate despite putting everything to the right. We're both capable of tight groups with it.

Plus, we've now got to shoot two days in a row. Always a good time.

(PS: I think GGaC is a recoil junkie. Lol.)

But yeah, we're gonna send the gun into Smith in the next week or so. We'll keep ya'll posted.

20. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Sorry, forgot a zero.