My Bushmaster AR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by fowlken, Oct 24, 2012.

1. fowlken

fowlken New Member

I recently bought a Bushmaster AR. After I had bought it I bought a CTR stock and was informed that I had to get a commercial model instead of a military. So now I'm wondering if this is going to cause problems if I want to install a different upper or any other alteration? Thank you!

2. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Military tubes are straight cut, commercial tubes are slanted. (at the shoulder end of the tube only)

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Commercial tubes are also slightly bigger, it will require a commercial stock, aside from that it's the same as anything else.

4. fowlken

fowlken New Member

Thank you for the information guys! It's my first AR, so I'm not too knowledgeable about them, and I was really hoping I hadn't messed up too bad! Thanks again!

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Either u change the tube or exchange for the right CTR. :)

6. fowlken

fowlken New Member

I bought the correct butt stock, but I was just worried that I would have problems changing out anything else.

7. fowlken

fowlken New Member

image-3258808537.jpg

By the way, here's a photo of it! I'm hoping it will show. I'm still trying to learn how to do everything on here.

8. fowlken

fowlken New Member

Not the best picture, as it's sitting on my obviously un-made bed! LOL I'll try to post a better one soon!