Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I started my AR build. My main reson for the AR is to have fun on the long Range 150 yards. My wife and I and some friends go to the local outdoor range for stress relief and fun hobie. Here it is.

Palmetto State Armory 16" Mid length AR
16" PSA mid length Hammer Forged Chrome Molly*vanadium by FN
BCM Bolt Carrier Group auto
BCM Gunfighter charging handle medium mod 4*
Magpul stock
Heavy buffer tube with spring
Stripped Lower and LPK

·
Administrator
34,293 Posts
I can't wait to see the finished product. Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Sounds like shooter! When's she gonna be in your hands? How many more are you planning to make?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Gives u just enough time to order a few k rounds of ammo!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Is the lower by New Frontier? I recognised their rollmark. U got the polymer or the alumunium one?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okdonk said:
Is the lower by New Frontier? I recognised their rollmark. U got the polymer or the alumunium one?
It is a polymer. It's just a range AR all for fun and lite weight.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Good catch, OK!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wow I just switched it. Much better. Thanks who knows how long I might have went with it backwards. I shot 50 rounds of 223 Federal,Remington and Wolf. The BCM bolt carrier is a little stiff. Meaning the bolt ,you have to push it to the back position and pull it forward. I guess with time it will slide smoothly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
okdonk said:
Just generously lube the bolt and the carrier group.
ARs are like women, they wetter the better.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Stupid question. In the pic with the XD's... where's your buffer tube and stock?:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sputnik1988 said:
Stupid question. In the pic with the XD's... where's your buffer tube and stock?:confused:
It was a earlier pic I took. It was in the mail. DSG Arms out of Texas. Magpul CTR stock kit. $109 fast shipping same day I ordered it was shipped.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What do you guys prefer on Red Dot Sights? Micro or Aimpoint Clone? I'm looking $170 or lower. I have two picked out micro $170 and the Clone is $110 I will be shooting at 120 Yards or less.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Rhino24 said:
Wow I just switched it. Much better. Thanks who knows how long I might have went with it backwards. I shot 50 rounds of 223 Federal,Remington and Wolf. The BCM bolt carrier is a little stiff. Meaning the bolt ,you have to push it to the back position and pull it forward. I guess with time it will slide smoothly.
It's not supposed to just slide back and forth freely. That's your good to go gas rings that are keeping it sort of stiff. If it just slips around freely, you need new gas rings.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Rhino24 said:
What do you guys prefer on Red Dot Sights? Micro or Aimpoint Clone? I'm looking $170 or lower. I have two picked out micro $170 and the Clone is $110 I will be shooting at 120 Yards or less.
I've never had experience with the clones and what not, but I hear primary arms has a good cheap micro that normally stands up well to easy to moderate shooting. Not quite that cheap though I don't think.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
If your talking about pushing the bolt into the bolt carrier by hand with the bcg out of the gun that is how it is supposed to be when it is made to spec. It feels wierd because most ar15 arent made with that attention to detail. So if your used to other bcg the bcm one does come as a surprise.

As for budget red dots the best out there that isnt aimpoint is the vortex sparc and vortex strikefire. Ive got both and they are pretty tough for a cheap optic. Ive had both mounted to my 458 winchester magnum elephant gun and they refuse to lose zero. Right now the sparc has found a home on my saiga12 and the strikefire is on my m&p 15-22.

Vortex has a no bs garuntee they dont care if you bought it from your best friend's cousin's sister's boyfriend or new in the box they will fix or replace the optic no matter what happens to it. Plus its a wisconsin company with a great rep for customer service.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts