My build looks like this

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Rhino24, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

Well I started my AR build. My main reson for the AR is to have fun on the long Range 150 yards. My wife and I and some friends go to the local outdoor range for stress relief and fun hobie. Here it is.

Palmetto State Armory 16" Mid length AR
    16" PSA mid length Hammer Forged Chrome Molly*vanadium by FN
    BCM Bolt Carrier Group auto
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle medium mod 4*
    Magpul stock
    Heavy buffer tube with spring
    Stripped Lower and LPK

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I can't wait to see the finished product. Sounds like fun.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Have fun n post some pics please!

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Sounds like shooter! When's she gonna be in your hands? How many more are you planning to make?

5. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

Well part one is here. The upper. Now I'm on my 10 day wait on the lower CA rules.:mad:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Gives u just enough time to order a few k rounds of ammo!

7. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

I got it all put together. Went to the Range and she ate everything I feed it. What a good feeling after that first round it was all smiles. My wife liked the low recoil and loved it also.

image-690619066.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Is the lower by New Frontier? I recognised their rollmark. U got the polymer or the alumunium one?

9. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

It is a polymer. It's just a range AR all for fun and lite weight.

10. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Pardon me, i think your Magpul sight is facing to the wrong way. Sorry if i'm wrong.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Good catch, OK!

12. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

Wow I just switched it. Much better. Thanks who knows how long I might have went with it backwards. I shot 50 rounds of 223 Federal,Remington and Wolf. The BCM bolt carrier is a little stiff. Meaning the bolt ,you have to push it to the back position and pull it forward. I guess with time it will slide smoothly.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Just generously lube the bolt and the carrier group.

14. Todd_

Todd_ New Member

ARs are like women, they wetter the better.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  15. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Stupid question. In the pic with the XD's... where's your buffer tube and stock?:confused:

16. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

It was a earlier pic I took. It was in the mail. DSG Arms out of Texas. Magpul CTR stock kit. $109 fast shipping same day I ordered it was shipped.

17. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

What do you guys prefer on Red Dot Sights? Micro or Aimpoint Clone? I'm looking $170 or lower. I have two picked out micro $170 and the Clone is $110 I will be shooting at 120 Yards or less.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  18. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

It's not supposed to just slide back and forth freely. That's your good to go gas rings that are keeping it sort of stiff. If it just slips around freely, you need new gas rings.

19. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

I've never had experience with the clones and what not, but I hear primary arms has a good cheap micro that normally stands up well to easy to moderate shooting. Not quite that cheap though I don't think.

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

If your talking about pushing the bolt into the bolt carrier by hand with the bcg out of the gun that is how it is supposed to be when it is made to spec. It feels wierd because most ar15 arent made with that attention to detail. So if your used to other bcg the bcm one does come as a surprise.

As for budget red dots the best out there that isnt aimpoint is the vortex sparc and vortex strikefire. Ive got both and they are pretty tough for a cheap optic. Ive had both mounted to my 458 winchester magnum elephant gun and they refuse to lose zero. Right now the sparc has found a home on my saiga12 and the strikefire is on my m&p 15-22.

Vortex has a no bs garuntee they dont care if you bought it from your best friend's cousin's sister's boyfriend or new in the box they will fix or replace the optic no matter what happens to it. Plus its a wisconsin company with a great rep for customer service.