My bug out camper/expidetion trailer

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by cllowe, Oct 21, 2012.

1. cllowe

cllowe New Member

It is packed with basic camping supply's, camp stove, lanterns, 5 cases of mre's and so on. Took me a couple of weeks to build. It started out as an apache tent trailer that I converted where you sleep on top. It's pretty easy to open and close and stores flat.

Attached Files:

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

thats pretty cool. if i attempted to do that my wife would put me in the ground. hahaha.. kudo's to you

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

4. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

If I did it the ol ball and chain would make me live in it

5. fmj

fmj Active Member

I could deal with that.

I have always said i prefer being in the proverbial dog house. Why? Because the dog actually likes me, nor does he ***** when i burp, fart or scratch!

6. OzarkRecluse

OzarkRecluse New Member

Nice job! You did well.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

If I had a husband and he built something like that. I wouldn't care. What is it hurting? And at least you know where he's at and what he's doing. LOL

8. fmj

fmj Active Member

THIS!

Thats the way my wife looks at it when i am working on a project in the barn...it keeps me off the streets and out of the barns and generally its less expensive than a couple nights worth of carousing at the local watering holes. This is also why she is supportive of my hunting addictions. She knows (approx.) where i am at and its constructive as opposed to destructive like many "hobbies or addictions" are.

9. -06

-06 New Member

Looking good "Lowe", Couple around here have similar rigs. I have cheated. Swapped for an old Midas R/V on a Chevy one ton chassis. It is still white but I keep several cans of "camo" colors handy. Plans are to install two PV panels on the roof with brackets so they can be tilted up to catch more rays. Like you camo netting. Have a bud with an extra piece that needs horse trading--lol. Putting a new tarp on the roller asap and will have him to install snaps around it so I can snap in screens. Might as well get comfortable--lol.

10. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

I'd rather beg for forgiveness then ask for permission. Nice rig.

11. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

12. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

Wanna get married lol