My Brief And Underwhelming Video Career!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, May 7, 2013.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Tell me the time marker on the video where I can see you.

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

0:41- 0:44, I am the skinny shorts on the beach towel behind the chick (that took an agonizing hour of filming for that shot) and then I am one of the guys playing volleyball at 0:54 or thereabouts. I am the guy in the foreground from 3:08 to 3:12. There were a couple of other spots. Hard to remember them all(this was nearly 30 years ago), let alone catch them in the video!

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Theres no DeLorean in that video... :( :p

Did you get to meet Huey or just lay there?

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

That albu
    I met Huey. He was mixing with the crowd and talking to everybody. Some of the other band members were dicks though. But Huey was cool. The video shoot literally took a whole day. A girl I knew back then found out about it and we cut school to be there. She was a hopping big Huey Lewis fan and since I was the only one she knew who would cut school at the drop of a hat and had my own car- plus she was like a little sister to me- well, that's how it all happened. It was filmed on Cowell Beach in Santa Cruz and on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Huey is still touring these days.

6. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

I wouldn't call it underwhelming ...Huey Lewis is awesome! I cant say I ever met Huey Lewis :(

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Thats pretty cool!! :)

This is the first Huey song ive seen a video for, and now I think all his vids need a DeLorean.. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXAMyfpuxZI

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

LOL! The funny part about what you said is that the video was made back when MTV was brand new (heck, back then MTV was commercial free!) and videos were being produced pretty much right alongside the song itself at the time. MTV changed music in a lot of ways, one being that it pretty much did away with nonsensical lyrics for the most part. Or at least it seems that way to me.