My Brand New Glock 19 Gen 4 cracks apart after 10 rounds

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by battleborn, Mar 13, 2013.

1. battleborn

battleborn New Member

So much for reliability and perfection. I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4 this morning at Safe Shot Reno (a glock dealer). I paid $740 with tax. I knew it was a bit high, but i figured I was safer buying from a dealer and not off the internet and they had one in stock. I walked downstairs to the range and it jammed on the 10th round. Hmmm. Cleared it and it jammed again. At this point I called the salesman down and when he took the slide off a piece fell out. I had to show him as he didn't even see it. They don't offer refunds or returns so I am stuck with it. I feel like a sucker.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I sure hope Glock can sort this out quickly without weeks of ********. I was wondering why the gun wasn't displayed and when I asked the guy said "oh I got one in the back" I hate to think that they scammed me but I am pissed and dismayed by the whole experience. On top of that they even charged me $26 for the 12 rounds I shot at their range. Unbelievable. I took the gun, and want to sort this ASAP. I left a message at customer service in GA, sent an email, and will call again tomorrow. I'm assuming they will want it returned and I'll have to wait weeks for this to be sorted which really sucks. Does anyone have any advice?

[​IMG]

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Take a deep breath, contact Glock CS and explain the situation and give them a chance to respond. Be civil, don't start out creating enemies with the CS Reps.

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Looks like that guns going on a road trip ,GLOCK , Smyrna Georgia , 6000 Highlands Parkway..!
    30082 <--Zip..!

Phone:
    1-770-432-1202

Fax:
    1-770-433-8719

And good luck and be patient , and Shhhhh..! Psssst ..Don't tell them it was (RELOADS) even if it were..!

4. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

$26 for 12 rds. to try out your new gun. That's a hell of a scam they got going there.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Best of luck. Hope they make it right.

Attached Files:

6. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

From the picture the gun appears to have fired waaaaaaay more than 10 rounds. Also, this store sounds like you are dealing with shady scam artists. Lastly, why would someone post the hipoint warranty on here? That firearm is in no way comparable to Glock.

7. Kdub

Kdub New Member

I would never set foot in that store again! I think you may have been taken. I hope Glock takes care of you.

8. BB98338

BB98338 New Member

What I would do is make a big sign and would be a permanent fixture in the parking lot of that store until they refunded your money. Also if you paid by credit card I would start a dispute with the credit card company. I would also start a complaint with the better business bureau and may even file a claim in small claims court.

9. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

Sounds kinda' high but I'm still using my Gen 2 Model 23 I bought in 2000. Did it come w/ night sights? I bought my first Glock in 1988 or 89. Never had a problem with one but everyone, including me, runs into a lemon occasionally. Glock has a reputation for excellent service so I hope they live up to it and get your 19 fixed soon. I honestly don't care for the Gen 3 or 4 'cause I don't like the finger grooves on the front strap. I love my Gen 2 however.Ironically I'm sitting here wearing a Gen 3 model 22 right now.

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

you should have shot the salesman ... oh, you can't, your Glock is broken :p

11. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

lmao. Besides they woulda' overcharged for the ammo again!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  12. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

i have no doubt the Glock CS will take care of you. You just have patience which i know is difficult considering the circumstance. Definitely dont do business with that shop again and I would follow the other posters advice of filing a claim with the BBB. Best of luck to you!

13. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

$740?! My roommate just bought one nib for $540 including tax and transfer

14. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

hey you can still pistol whip ;)

15. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

^^ Oh the pain , THE PAIN..! LOL Be patient and all will be fine !!

The store , The anti-gun GUN STORE..! LOL ~!

16. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

They won't take care of you on a brand new Glock? Glock may have something to say about that if they are a dealer.

17. lawofselfdefense

lawofselfdefense New Member

[Comment redacted, Glock confirms it was new, see below.]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  18. Jericho1911u22

Jericho1911u22 New Member

I don't know that that little piece really matters and I'm not saying it is safe to do this but remove the broken off part so it isn't rattling around in there. slap the glock back together. I don't see why it wouldn't be safe to shoot other than it already broke and could break some more. then order a new locking block from the internet. don't know the cost difference of sending it to glock vs buying a locking block but at least you won't be without the gun for a couple weeks while it snail mails around the country.

I took my glock completely apart within a month after owning it. It is pretty simple. But I am very mechanically inclined. I took my baby eagle apart too that was much more difficult had to buy special tools to do it.

19. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I would hound this store in every way possible!! Does your sales ticket have on it "all sales final and no refunds"? If not, I would jack their a$$ in court. Tell your case to an attorney and ask him would he take the case based on the store having to pay his fees if there is a judgment against them. There is no excuse for this type of business dealings.

20. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

with plastic ... puleeeze :rolleyes: