My Arsenal is on it's way....!

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by dahur, Feb 9, 2012.

1. dahur

dahur New Member

After several weeks of exhausting research, the majority consensus is Arsenal is the way to go. So I did. This morning I got an e-mail from Atlantic that my Arsenal SGL 21 is shipped out. I also ordered their Russian Red wood set, so once I have that put on I'll take some pics.

Bummer. I had checked for the best price I could get. Atlantic was $799 with $20 shipping. This morning I was browsing Bud's and they have the Arsenal SGL 21 for $737 free shipping. They must have just put that up, because I didn't see it before. Story of my life.

I ordered 3 European 30 rd steel mags from Aimsurplus, and 1 Asian 75 rd drum mag from CDNN ( I thought $79 + $6 for shipping was a great price)

Now looking for 1000 rds of non-corrosive ammmo......
    What do you think about Brown Bear?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I'm looking at buying the same setup...right down to the furniture you mention. Could you please post pics and a range report when you get it?

Thanks, and congrats!

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I know you don't need to be stroked but I'm proud of you man (sobing, tears of joy :)). Spoon fed you are not. Research always pays off.

I've never found Atlantic to have good prices on anything I was wanting.

I just got in a few of those same mags from Aims as well. They look good and are functionally solid.

Brown Bear is good but look at some Wolf. I have found Wolf to be a little less expensive.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats on the Arsenal. Damn fine piece. :)

If you're looking for affordable non corrosive ammo, you'll need to buy new manufacture Russian.

I generally shoot corrosive MilSurp when I can find it. Shoots just as well as new, and a lot cheaper. Just have to pay a little more attention to cleaning.

5. rifleshooter474

rifleshooter474 New Member

I bought my Arsenals from my local dealer $699+tax I like looking at what I buy before paying for it. I have two 7.62x39s and a 5.45x39 all have worked great. Put Russian PSOP Optics on all three.
    [​IMG]

6. dahur

dahur New Member

Nice..........!

7. dahur

dahur New Member

I just ordered 1000 rds of Brown Bear from Military Shooters. With shipping it was $244.90

8. rifleshooter474

I have shot a lot of Brown&Silver Bear Ammo. it works very well in my AKs.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Dang, I was too slow. I was going to tell you my only experience with any bear ammo (silver bear, in 7.62X54r for my Mosin) it worked just fine. Hit where I pointing that old boat oar, no malfunctions, no sticking in the chamber...

But it was the absolute filthiest burning stuff I've ever shot out of any gun. Personally, I would just stick to milsurp ammo. Downsouth, Jstrong, and I put a grand total of 20 rounds downrange, and it took me almost three hours to clean the filth out of the rifle.

10. rifleshooter474

AKs like being dirty.:)

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Heck, cleaning a military rifle until it will pass the D.I.s inspection is half the fun of owning and using old military warhorses.!:D

12. SierraShooter

SierraShooter New Member

whaa?

Hey, I'm new here... been lurking a lot though, lol. Where is atlantic selling an arsenal for 799? Could you link that? I really want one... or am considering doing a conversion if I can find someone around here to "mentor" me through it.

Thanks!

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Well , your about 2 yrs behind on pricing ;)

14. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Firearms Talk mobile app