My AR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by longunner, Nov 9, 2012.

1. longunner

longunner New Member

The Time has finally come...the westchester county gun show is tomorrow And I'm hopefully walking out of there with an AR. I'm pretty heavy set on PSA but if anyone has any other ideas for an inexpensive QUALITY AR I love to have another option. Will post tomorrow with pics :)

2. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

I really like my DPMS Oracle, and it had a lot of things I didn't need, and was $2-500 dollars cheaper.
    Del

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Get a Colt if you can find one.

4. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Good luck man I hope you score! It's a seller's market right now unfortunately.

5. longunner

longunner New Member

Well that's good for me maybe ill buy 2!!

6. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

PSA, S&W MP, Spike's, Colt. Just to name a few. I'd avoid Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic Arms.

7. longunner

longunner New Member

What about Del-Ton? I've heard mixed feelings about them. All I know about them is that they are inexpensive.

8. G23LCPK45

G23LCPK45 New Member

Thats the spirit! Buy all ya can afford.

9. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

I'd say good to go. I have a del ton barrel on my AR and have never had a problem out of it. Others would disagree though.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The price is about the same so I'd get PSA over Del-Ton.

And I'm originally from NC not SC!

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

STAG ;)

rather than pay a premium for a complete rifle at the gun show why not see if you can score a couple of forged lowers? Then you can read up on the build threads and build your own ;)

12. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Just out of curiosity, why? Not trying to start an argument or saying that you are wrong, just wondering. I have PSA and Del-Ton parts and theyre both good to go IMO.

13. longunner

longunner New Member

That was the original plan but I'm only 19 so I can't get my hands on a stripped or even completed lower...I learned that lesson the hard way just a few weeks ago :mad:

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

my bad, I forgot about that :eek: For a decent mil-spec'sh AR I wouldn't pay anymore than $800 right now. If the prices are higher at the gun show wait till you get home and order one direct from Rock River Arms, Stag or DPMS.

15. longunner

longunner New Member

They had no PSA at the show so I ended up getting a Stag Model 2. I paid retail for it but for me that doesn't really matter because personally i think its worth it to walk out the door with it instead of waiting for it to ship. I bought 2 10rd mags (I have the bad luck of living in New York), a carry handle and 500rds of 55 grain (i think) 5.56. Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow :cool:

Attached Files:

• AR1.jpg
      AR1.jpg
      File size:
      32.2 KB
      Views:
    • AR2.jpg
      AR2.jpg
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
    • AR3.jpg
      AR3.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
  16. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

congratulations! Here's a little hint for you ... the Model 2 is no different than the Model 3 except for the hand guard and front sight :cool: a few screws and some new parts and your model 2 becomes a model 3 with rails and gas block ;)

can't help you with the mags ... maybe you should move :D

18. longunner

longunner New Member

I'll play that one by ear...this purchase left a pretty big hole in the wallet...for me anyway and it will most likely be a while before I buy anything. Except ammo of course ;)

19. longunner

longunner New Member

Yea the hand guard on the model 2 feels a little to plastic and flimsy for me...thats next on the list:)

20. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012