Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show off my build!

The rifle came together very well.

I started with a stripped Double Star lower, filled that with a DPMS trigger kit and in the interest of being CA legal I added a Prince 50 Allen set screw locked mag release button, then I added a Magpul Grip, installed a 10 round mag (dummy 20, because it just looks better), attached a CAA 6-way adjustable stock, and then topped it all with a 16in DPMS CAR upper with removable carry handle. Dropped a Tru-glo red dot on top and a (admittedly homemade) 2 point sling and called it a day.

I have some alternate build ideas for a later date, but for now it's done enough and a lot of fun to shoot.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Looks like you did a pretty good job there. Is this your first build? And more importanly, how does she shoot?

JD

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
Very nice work! Let us know how it shoots.

(Is that a zombie hunting permit? Where'd you get that?!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It shoots very well.. We put a couple of hundred rounds through it at the test shoot (not a lot of fire, but enough to get a feel for the action). It's accurate and smooth.

And yes, thats my 08' - 09' Zombie tag.. (http://www.zombietargets.net/) ;)

-Peter

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Just wanted to show off my build!

The rifle came together very well.

I started with a stripped Double Star lower, filled that with a DPMS trigger kit .

She looks sweet! But how do you like the DPMS trigger? I bought an LR308B from DPMS and the only thing I don't like is the trigger! Gritty with creep and too stiff.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
It shoots very well.. We put a couple of hundred rounds through it at the test shoot (not a lot of fire, but enough to get a feel for the action). It's accurate and smooth.

And yes, thats my 08' - 09' Zombie tag.. (http://www.zombietargets.net/) ;)

-Peter
Okay, they have the targets, but I NEED that Zombie Permit - Do they send one free with the target order? :eek: Or what?

Thanks,

JD

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
Okay, they have the targets, but I NEED that Zombie Permit - Do they send one free with the target order? :eek: Or what?

Thanks,

JD
Click on any target and scroll all the way down. You'll see it. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She looks sweet! But how do you like the DPMS trigger? I bought an LR308B from DPMS and the only thing I don't like is the trigger! Gritty with creep and too stiff.
Well, as this is my only AR experience really I've got no real point of comparison. However, I'd like to drop in a 2 stage trigger so it's got some draw before the shot, getting it more in line with my sporting guns..

-Peter

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the web site:

http://www.zombietargets.net/

If you scroll past the targets the "permits" are down the page..

These guys get the stuff out fast, and the product is very cool..

-peter

·
Registered
332 Posts
Very nice that is one sweet looking ar good job :D :cool: :cool: :D

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Well, as this is my only AR experience really I've got no real point of comparison. However, I'd like to drop in a 2 stage trigger so it's got some draw before the shot, getting it more in line with my sporting guns..

-Peter
Yes, mine is only a single stage trigger also. I want a NM 2 stage - Brownells has several but they are all over $150...that adds a bit to the total cost so I'm gonna wait and see if the trigger gets smoother with use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, mine is only a single stage trigger also. I want a NM 2 stage - Brownells has several but they are all over $150...that adds a bit to the total cost so I'm gonna wait and see if the trigger gets smoother with use.
the trigger on my ak 47 variant (yugo m70ab2) was hella wierd for the first 50 rounds. after the first 100 rounds though, it was firing like a queen. i have no ar experience, but if your ar is like my ak, use will work out the kinks. after i put another 1000 rounds through my ak, ill get a better opinion of the trigger pull, but until then, i would say new triggers need breaking in as much as guns. im a newb with rifles though, so i could be entirely wrong with that opinion. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Ordered up some zombie targets and a couple of zombie hunting permits from the site listed. Service was prompt and the targets are good quality paper - definitely a positive experience. Many thanks to TS for the link.

JD

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered up some zombie targets and a couple of zombie hunting permits from the site listed. Service was prompt and the targets are good quality paper - definitely a positive experience. Many thanks to TS for the link.

JD

Awesome, I'm just happy to give what turned out to be a great site some business.

Glad it so well..

-Peter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts