My AR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by live2offroad, May 20, 2008.

1. live2offroad

live2offroad New Member

Just wanted to show off my build!

[​IMG]
    The rifle came together very well.

I started with a stripped Double Star lower, filled that with a DPMS trigger kit and in the interest of being CA legal I added a Prince 50 Allen set screw locked mag release button, then I added a Magpul Grip, installed a 10 round mag (dummy 20, because it just looks better), attached a CAA 6-way adjustable stock, and then topped it all with a 16in DPMS CAR upper with removable carry handle. Dropped a Tru-glo red dot on top and a (admittedly homemade) 2 point sling and called it a day.

I have some alternate build ideas for a later date, but for now it's done enough and a lot of fun to shoot.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Looks like you did a pretty good job there. Is this your first build? And more importanly, how does she shoot?

JD

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Very nice work! Let us know how it shoots.

(Is that a zombie hunting permit? Where'd you get that?!)

4. live2offroad

live2offroad New Member

It shoots very well.. We put a couple of hundred rounds through it at the test shoot (not a lot of fire, but enough to get a feel for the action). It's accurate and smooth.

And yes, thats my 08' - 09' Zombie tag.. (http://www.zombietargets.net/) ;)

-Peter

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

She looks sweet! But how do you like the DPMS trigger? I bought an LR308B from DPMS and the only thing I don't like is the trigger! Gritty with creep and too stiff.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, they have the targets, but I NEED that Zombie Permit - Do they send one free with the target order? :eek: Or what?

Thanks,

JD

7. bkt

bkt New Member

Click on any target and scroll all the way down. You'll see it. :)

8. live2offroad

live2offroad New Member

Well, as this is my only AR experience really I've got no real point of comparison. However, I'd like to drop in a 2 stage trigger so it's got some draw before the shot, getting it more in line with my sporting guns..

-Peter

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'm retarded. Thanks.

JD

10. coltm4

coltm4 New Member

rifle looks good. i'm interested in the hunting permit as well!

11. live2offroad

live2offroad New Member

Here is the web site:

http://www.zombietargets.net/

If you scroll past the targets the "permits" are down the page..

These guys get the stuff out fast, and the product is very cool..

-peter

12. h&k bigdaddydieseldan

h&k bigdaddydieseldan New Member

Very nice that is one sweet looking ar good job :D :cool: :cool: :D

13. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Yes, mine is only a single stage trigger also. I want a NM 2 stage - Brownells has several but they are all over $150...that adds a bit to the total cost so I'm gonna wait and see if the trigger gets smoother with use.

14. poolshark13

poolshark13 New Member

the trigger on my ak 47 variant (yugo m70ab2) was hella wierd for the first 50 rounds. after the first 100 rounds though, it was firing like a queen. i have no ar experience, but if your ar is like my ak, use will work out the kinks. after i put another 1000 rounds through my ak, ill get a better opinion of the trigger pull, but until then, i would say new triggers need breaking in as much as guns. im a newb with rifles though, so i could be entirely wrong with that opinion. :rolleyes:

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ordered up some zombie targets and a couple of zombie hunting permits from the site listed. Service was prompt and the targets are good quality paper - definitely a positive experience. Many thanks to TS for the link.

JD

16. live2offroad

live2offroad New Member

Awesome, I'm just happy to give what turned out to be a great site some business.

Glad it so well..

-Peter

17. Chance_P

Chance_P New Member

the gun looks good man, i need to get off my butt and finish mine!