My AR Has to Go in the trash

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Car54, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Car54

Car54 New Member

Last night I was working a midnight shift and I was wandering through another gun forum.

I came across a thread where someone wanted to know how to get his dad to buy a "good" AR because he had the "O" AR with a BSA red dot. The person even said his dad liked the set up and said by buying less expensive guns, it allows him to buy more.

Anyway, the responses were to put it mildly, trashing any AR that wasn't in what most members called "the top 5". So then I went through other threads within the forum and found that if you don't have one of the "5" you aren't worthy and you have wasted your money on worthless junk. One person actually wrote that using an AR plinker like a Bushy or a RRA, you couldn't count on it for home defense or a disaster scenario. Another advised the OP to take it out and run it hard until it breaks, then have the dad get a good gun.

I recognized a few being vendors and in the know but I'm willing to bet that 75% of the others have no proof or experience to knock another product and are only repeating what others have said.

Now my AR wasn't named as in their named bottom tier junk(not my opinion), nor is it in the top 5, so being that it doesn't rate with them I'll just have to trash it, and the new upper I just bought.

What a bunch of pompous %$&hats!

Attached Files:

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Hey if you want to hang with the in crowd...

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

You've been on Arf.com!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I've been banned!!!

4. Car54

Car54 New Member

Nope it was the other one.

5. Car54

Car54 New Member

Jo, I'm just not worthy. I hang my head in shame and embarrassment.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I use the model specific forums strictly for the technical threads and classifieds. The rest of it is pretty much composed of fan boys, posturing, mutual ass kissing and d!ck measuring contests.

Life is way too short to waste it in places like that.

I'd rather waste it here. ;)

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Mistake number one. :(

It's a kid, and he can't be trusted.

Was Kelly TTE in there? :rolleyes:

Yeah. The AR Snob. They are EVERYWHERE on line. We keep them in check here with what we like to refer to as FACTS.

A Vendor is the LAST person anyone should be taking purchasing advice from. Being a vendor means you are selling sh!t. Ever ask a car dealer about a vehicle they don't carry? :rolleyes:

That about sums it up.

Look kids, I can't say this enough. The name on the receiver doesn't make it a good gun. The barrel doesn't make it a top tier weapon. The handle and flashlight and all that other happy crap doesn't make it reliable.

I can build a "reliable" AR out of a plywood lower and an upper of any manufacturer's making. The difference is, I know the weapon. For a lot of these f*ck's, they don't know a Take Down Pin from a Detent. ;)

JD

8. Car54

Car54 New Member

That's the gospel according to JD, Amen!

9. BudW

BudW New Member

Watch this, then post it in the forum you are talking about,nail on the head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajfiE3iq78k&feature=feedrec_grec_index]YouTube - Typical gun forum advice[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  10. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Wow, I wouldn't last a day on that forum with my Spike's/Stag/RRA/Tapco frankenAR :D

11. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Oooh, ooh, oooh, not ARF, then what forum? Sounds like a fun place.

12. Car54

Car54 New Member

Add .net to the yellow in the pic

Attached Files:

13. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Looks interesting...

14. Car54

Car54 New Member

15. AWDeanSr

AWDeanSr New Member

My Armalite is not in the top tier of uber cool tactical assassin rifles but I still love it! It hasn't failed me yet.

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Damn. That means that I'm not even worthy enough to lurk there because I have a Mini 14. :(

17. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I wonder what they would think of mine....

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Oh, that's IT!

GET OUT!! :mad:

LMAO! :D:p

At FTF, we have the "Dirty Dozen-est" group of members on the Interwebz.

They bitch, they moan, they complain about everyone and everything and they fight with each other.

And then a Supporting Member posts a need, or a cause.

Then everything is forgotten and suddenly this team is more powerful than a steamroller and will take ground like a colony of of pissed off African Ants! They join together and they make sh!t happen when other people are willing to sit by and say "Someone should do something".

I wouldn't want to stand in their way, but I am proud to be one of them.

JD

19. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

I thought that was the forum you were hinting at. I go there sometimes too remember how good I've got it here.

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Geeze! Was that for real? I am frugal by necessity so I would buy the least expensive option even if my life depended on it (which, at this point, it does not.) I guess my Mini14 that I have been carefully massaging into a decently accurate gun is only good as a tomato stake on that forum!:(

I am a firm believer in the idea that you don't disrespect the choices of another person if he has a different point of view, desire or need. In this case the poster wanted an inexpensive AR to take to the range and throw lead downrange. Nothing wrong with that on any level!:D

I just bought a $500 chainsaw because I need it to make a living. If my neighbor asked me for advice on the best chainsaw he could buy I would advise him to buy the same brand, but not the professional model that I bought. Why? Because he doesn't need the one that costs at least twice as much as the "homeowner" model. Actually if my neighbor asked which chainsaw (or gun for that matter) I would recommend he buy I would tell him some version of "None. You would hurt yourself anyhow. Call me and I will help you out."

Don't be a hater!