My AR Build

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by markerdown, Jun 28, 2009.

1. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Well after much deliberating, searching the web and pricing my wish list parts then adding in shipping costs, I decided just to go with a RRA CAR A4 kit. This is my first AR build so I'll see how it all shakes out. Now comes the long wait :( markerdown

2. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I have the RRA NMA4 with bull stainless bbl. It's a tack driver. You'll like the quality I'm sure, especially their 2-stage NM trigger.

3. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Yep, the countdown has begun...:D....................markerdown

4. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

I have a RRA CAR UTE2, it works every time. It only misses when I goof the shot. Very reliable.

5. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

I got this one together last Friday. The lower came from my best friend, and I found a great deal on the Predator Pursuit upper online.

Attached Files:

6. AR762

AR762 New Member

I've got a RRA 16" Chrome lined upper with mid-length gas system and a Free Float Handguard on order. I just ordered it last week, the wait is going to drive me nuts, I just know it. :(

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

that's a good looking stick you got there truevil - But what's with the PSG-1 hand grip? :D

And WHERE is my range report?!?

JD

8. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

What grip is that True?

9. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

I love the grip. I have my buddies' Bushmaster here in my safe and he had this type of grip on his. I like the way it feels, so I ordered one. It is from DPMS, I got it from Midway for $28. I cant wait to get the Magpul PRS stock on this one, but for now I have to stick with what I have. This was an unexpected purchase. My best friend bought this lower 10 months ago, and never did anything with it. He decided to let me have it for what he paid for it so, I couldn't pass it up. Then doing some looking on Gunbroker, I found a dealer that had the upper for sale, for the same price as on the RRA website. He had it in stock and ready to ship, so, I couldn't pass that up either. I already had the scope and rings laying around here, so last Friday I had all of the pieces and put it together. I know this is not a build, but it was still fun.
    I zeroed it at 100yrds. and after doing a modified break-in(RRA says you don't have to breakin their barrels) I was able to get a 5 shot group, with all holes touching. I did not measure the group, but I would say it was about 3/4". I am very happy with how it shoots. I think this Friday I will use it to take a pig.
    Here is a pic of my Stag carbine, my RRA, and my buddies Bushmaster.

Attached Files:

10. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

thats 3 good looking rifles, I just got my first AR last week and its really exciting, it seems like when you have one you pay alot more attention to everything done to other's.

11. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

Thanks, and your last statement is very true. This is one addiction that gets expensive quick!

12. macro01

macro01 New Member

the one on the bottom is so cool. i love short ARs so much :D

13. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Hot damn, my RRA upper arrived today. I thought it was my rear bech seat cover from super-hydes.

My Lyman GPR arrived monday, now this today. Whatta week! I didn't expect it until Nov, but I aint complainin' :)

It's a complete kit, I already have my stripped lower, so now I will start the assembly this weekend.:D:D:D ................markerdown

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Looking forward to the report as to how it goes for you. Post some pictures along the way if you can to inspire others. :D

Good luck!

JD

15. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Well the assembly went very smoothly. For first time assemblers, I highly recommend visiting "the range bag" and watch the lower assembly build. I watched the video a few times, printed out the instructional guide and assembled the lower. It was pretty much straight forward. I followed the tips, had the tools on hand and bada-bing, it's done

My complete upper from RRA is sweet. I got the flat top, so I can pick and choose my sight set up. Now I have to go get some ammo :D.........markerdown

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And the pictures are ??? :confused:

17. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Not a vey good pic, but y'all know what they look like. I'm no photographer, just a point and click guy. I shoulda took the pic outside with more light.:confused:

...............markerdown

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  18. outlawcustoms

outlawcustoms New Member

you cant go wrong with RRA