My AK Jams!

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by msup752, Mar 26, 2012.

1. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have a Maadi imported by Century Arms that has never worked well and has spent most of the last 15 years in it's case.

I have unknown maker military surplus magazines. The ammo is Russian made hollow point. I bought the ammo with the gun for $140 for 1000 rounds (that was expensive at the time).

I did fix the trigger slap by installing a Tapco trigger which is nice.

The gun jams every 5-8 shots with the hollow point stuck on the bottom of what is best described as a feed ramp. The AK doesn't seem to have much of a feed ramp. It does not matter which magazine I use. I ground the feed ramp a bit but I shouldn't need to. I also have not tried FMJ ammo but, once again, i shouldn't need to.

When the gun jams, pulling back and releasing the bolt always chambers the stuck round.

Anyone have ideas? I hope it isn't the ammo because I still have 800 rounds left!

2. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

probably ammo and weak mag springs

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Drop a little lube down the front of the mag allowing it to coat the tips of the rounds and lube up the feed ramps.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I wonder about the mags. I don't know anything about the Maadi, but i am wondering about the "bullet guide" situation, is that an issue on these or is that on the saiga's?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  5. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

The bullet guide deal is a saiga issue,although that does sound like behavior a saiga without a bullet guide would exhibit with ak mags.

6. southernfirepower

southernfirepower New Member

From what I heard ak's aren't good with hollows

7. The5Last5Rebel

The5Last5Rebel New Member

Same thing happens to mine with hollows.