My ak-47 keeps jamming!!??

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Megahonky89, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megahonky89

Megahonky89 New Member

hey folks, I recently purchased and inner ordinance (I.O.) AK-47 about a month ago, I bought about 200 hundred rounds of WOLF ammo with it. i have slung all 200 rounds through it but, It jams about 3-5 times per 30 round clip, that pisses me off because i want perfection, especially if someones threatining my life or my families life in a dier emergency. I've cleaned the gun every time after i shoot it, oil the gun, piston, chamber, etc etc. Ive heard from different people it could be the WOLF ammo, could that be true?? I hear alot of good things about Yugo ammo. I wanna know for sure before i buy 1000 rounds of Yugo ammo and the same thing keeps happening, either way i have a lifetime warranty on the firearm, worse come to worse ill kiss it goodbye. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  2. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

what kind of magazines are being used?
    some ammo has a coating that can cause jamming.
    best of luck

3. Megahonky89

Megahonky89 New Member

im using tapco magazines, with the big springs in them, its feeding the bullets in correctly, jus not ejecting the casing fully out the chamber, causing the action to stay open and not eject another.. unless i manually pull the chamber back to eject it myself.. not something i want to happen if im gettin shot at lol

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Have you cleaned the gas tube & gas port that power the ejecting portion of the firing cycle? I wouldn't use much oil there, nasty environment. Have you examined the part of the bolt that grabs the bullet's base to eject it to see that it looks OK (looks like a half claw on my SKS, can't remember on the WASR)?

Wolf runs fine in my buddy's WASR10/AK clone and in my SKS.

5. Megahonky89

Megahonky89 New Member

Yea ive cleaned and checked everything, the sad part is that MOFO is only about two months old and only shot about 200 rounds. its too new for all that bs to happen.:mad:

6. It sounds like your not getting enough pressure to blow the bolt carrier back enough. If you have cleaned the gas tube already then try taking a paper clip and sticking it in the little hole in the gas block that goes down to barrel. It could be stuffed up from shooting that wolf ammo. If it doesn't help then switch ammo I have never had good luck with wolf ammo, go with brown bear basically same price for much better ammo. Hope this helps.

7. Bushman

Bushman Member

Definitely check your gas port, like HPD suggested. All I've shot through my AK has been wolf. No problems ever. I think it's your rifle, not the ammo.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Wolf and AKs are like peas and carrots.

9. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Wolf is one of many Steel-cased, Russian ammo that I shoot out of my AKs. . . and while I prefer others (Brown Bear, Golden Tiger and especially Yugo Surp) for slightly better results, Wolf ALWAYS shoots well . . . and should!

An AK should eat everything! I'm not familiar with Inter-Ordinance, but this is definitely a rifle problem. I also do not like Tapco (anything, but especially) magazines. Get you some used military surplus steel mags and don't look back. Bulgarian, Yugo, Eastern German, Romanian, Russian and many others ALL make great 30 and 40 round mags. Heck, even China has some good ones out there.

Like was said before check everything from your gas port to your piston. There is a chance corrosion could be blocking proper flow, to be sure, drop some "Sweet's 7.62 solvent" down the gas port with the tube off. While it is off inspect the tube for signs of corrosion. Give everything a good cleaning and re-assemble and lube the heck out of it. It should shoot fine. If not, then go for help or take the gun back.

No AK should EVER fail ! ! !:)

10. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Megahonky,

When you first got it! Did it work properly then and for a period of time before you started experiencing a problem?

11. Megahonky89

Megahonky89 New Member

thanks for the answers yall, big help! Na man the gun jammed the first 30 rounds i ever shot out of it, maybe thought wolf ammo had something to do with it, thinking of just returning my io, ive heard alot of negatives (american made AK) sadly to say.

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

No problems with Wolf or anything I've tried in my cheap WASR, so Wolf does work. Never a jam. Hope it's not your IO, I'd definitely try comblock steel mags but it does sound like this is a problem with the rifle.

13. Rmason2008

Rmason2008 New Member

I've got an I.O. Inc. AK as well and I haven't had any problems. I have put about 200 rounds through mine as well, and I used wolf ammo. The only difference I can think of would be the magazines I use. I use the magazines that are exactly like what came with the gun (not sure who makes them). Maybe you should try sending it back to I.O. to see if they can fix the issue. It would be much cheaper than buying a new gun. I hope you are able to resolve the issue and enjoy your AK. I love mine.

14. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

What color box of Wolf?

15. Rmason2008

Rmason2008 New Member

I use the 124 grain wolf ammo. I think it comes in a black box with red writing. They sell at academy in boxes of 20 for around $5 a box.

16. guitar-jesus

guitar-jesus New Member

i had the same problem with my mak-90 shooting full-auto i had a tapco mag, i went to a gun show and picked up one of the 15 dollar bulgarian mags, went and shot it and it was perfect, i bought 8 more and can unload it without a hitch now

17. m72law

m72law New Member

strange to hear of an ak47 type rifle jamming?even stranger that norinco made a legal NFA mak90?

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Also new for me. :confused: I thought the whole point of the MAK-90 was to *****foot around the AWB legislation with a neutered version of the AK-type rifle.

19. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Run Boiling water down the barrel, chamber to bore and then through the gas block. You maybe surprised at what can build up in the gas block. I had an issue similar w/ my Wars2. Shot 200 rounds and cleaned everything BUT the gas block, let it sit for a month. There was some funk that was not powder residue. Runs like a raped ape now.

20. bizy

bizy New Member

Jamming mac/ak!!!

Never heard of it. I use the Tapco mags and the brown, green and black wolf ammo. Never heard of wolf ammo being troubls in AK style rifle.

I have the ruger ranch rifle/mini 14 chambered .223 and 7.62. The one that fires the 7.62X39 only fires the brown box.. Sounds silly to me, but it's true.. The .223 fires the wolf ammo without a problem.

On your jamming problem, maybe you should consult an exorcist...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.