My $500 AR kit

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by MrMilspecer, Jan 24, 2011.

1. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

I couldnt pass up the deal CHA had on their complete kits. I purchased $499 Delton AR-M4 kit and couldnt be happier. It came with a Spikes lower stripped and a LPK. I did purchase a Colt carry handle for $60 and love the look. I also switched the lowers around from my NC-22 to the Delton for even more of a retro look. I have only shot around 50 rounds including some of my first time reloads for .223 and it has ran great with either stock. I did not build this for my GTG i already have one of those. I wanted a fun, handy, retro looking AR for little money. I have enjoyed this kiss build as much as others costing way more. What do you think ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres a group standing unsupported at 30 yrds around 4'' shooting fairly fast
    [​IMG]

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I have to say I love the look, MrMilspecer! A cross between an A2 and M4 - and very KISS.

What a fantastic price, too! With the lower?

3. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Thanks Quentin and yes the Spikes lower came in the kit. It was a complete Kit for 499 + 8 shipping to a FFL. Im diggin the A2-M4 look as well. The rifle length buffer keeps things smooth but you can really hear the spring.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well that's an amazing price! I like the idea of a retro look but the carbine length.

5. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

perhaps a link to the sellers site?

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

7. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

The price has gone up $30 since i purchased mine a few weeks ago. http://www.coldhandarms.com/zencart/ You can also get it chrome lined and 1/7 twist for $50 more. I almost went that route but thats what my Daniel Defense is for.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  8. LudicrousSpeed

LudicrousSpeed New Member

Thanks for the link. I have been reading a lot here lately and hope to build my own AR this summer

9. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Thanks mjkeat

Your welcome. Good job on all the reading. Its best to learn first and then spend the money to build the AR you want. There is lots of great info here and some wise builders, but you will need a B.S. filter every now and then.:D

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Great looking AR. Are you keeping both lowers? Going to build another?

11. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Thanks Gojubrian. The Spikes Lower now has a home on my NC-22

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Nice build, Thanks for the link, However the site is hard to read...
    Good luck with your new rifle and second :cool:

13. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Thanks VitSports6 , Ive been trying to tell people about these kits with little response. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. And they do seem to multiply like rabbits.

14. LegitimateHacker

LegitimateHacker New Member

What a sweet piece for the money. Good find man.

15. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Nice build !!! I have been looking at the del-ton 20" kits for a while but the price from the site you posted is really good considering it includes the lower receiver :) Thanks for the link !!

16. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Thanks LegimateHacker, Shes a handy little M4 :)

Thanks ktmboys. I would like to add a Rifle length AR to my collection someday as well.

17. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

I got a chance to take the Delton to the range. The pics are from Douglas Ridge Range in Eagle Creek Or.. I was pleasantly surprised how it shot the cheap steel-case Herters. It did not care for my 69gr reloads and seems to prefer the lighter 55gr. stuff. I see why people push the 1/7 twist over the 1/9. My 1/7 twist shoots the 55gr. ammo as well as the Delton plus groups great with 69gr and 75gr. The AR is a $499 Delton kit. I did use another lower i built with a better trigger than the Delton kit came with. The scope is a Bushnell Elite 3200 5x15 with adj. obj.
    All groups were shot at 100 yards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  18. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Some measured groups. From the Delton.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Very nice, Did I miss the distance?

20. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

All groups were shot at 100 yards. Good catch I fixed it. And thanks.