My .22's

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by gp50, Jul 29, 2010.

1. gp50

gp50 New Member

I just wanted to show off my new additions.Model 700 Marlin w/simmons4x scope. Winchester model 270 pump w/ simmons 4x scope. Both of these baby's shoot great, and funtion flawlessly. I am not sure of the dates of manufacture were for these two rifles. If anyone has any info on that, I would appeciate it. I have heard two story's on the marlin model 700 semi. One from Marlin that the guns were model 70"s that were mistamped, and another that the700 was a limited edition. I would think that the limited edition would make more sense. Any info would be appreciated. I have seen posts on other forums where guys are paying up of 400.00 for the winchester model 270. I don't know how true that is, it's a fine rifle, so maybe there are guy's willing to pay that much for a pump.???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Nice pair of .22 rifles! You must like Simmons scopes.

3. gp50

gp50 New Member

I have had good luck so far with the simmons 4x scope's on .22's. The price can't be beat. I however, use much better scope's on my centerfire rifles.:)

4. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Good looking rifles. I have a simmons scope on my .22 too, I really like it.

5. PTsouthpaw

PTsouthpaw New Member

Nice looking rifles! I like Simmons scopes too, great value for the price IMO. I have one on my T/C Omega Muzzleloader and my 10/22. Both do the job.

6. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

BEAUTIFUL 22s!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

7. gp50

gp50 New Member

Thank You.

8. spyderfan

spyderfan New Member

Nice guns I just got my hands on a marlin .22 too. I love it.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice .22 sticks and love them Simmons!

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

The 700 was made for the "Big 5/United Merchandising" stores as a store brand. :)

If you can dig up a Big 5 catalog from 1988, you'll see 'em there :)

Every once in a while, you can find a "Marlin 5", which is a Big 5 version of the Marlin 60 :D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  11. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'll tell you what if you would have tried to give me a Simmons scope 5-6 years ago I'd say no way.Everyone I had seen where cloudy and they just didn't seem to work all that well. I happened on a Savage 17HMR that had one on it though and I bought it mainly because for the money I was getting the scope free and I could just pop it off. But it is clear as a bell and stays put. I later got one on a Ruger Super Redhawk and it's a really good one too. So0 I guess I'm becoming a convert. I still like the Bushnells I have on my 22's more but I could see me getting another Simmons down the road if I was looking for a decent priced optic for not a lot of green.

@GP50..You got some pretty darn nice rifles there. They shoot as good as thew look and you are in great shape. It's making me really want to get out and do a little rifle looking. I'll haver ot sell a couple of the less used things here ot drum up the money though. I'm seriously thinking about setting up a 17 M2 rifle too. But I'm not sure why I want one. (LOL!) I have not shot the SAvage much at all just because 22lr ammo is so cheap. Looking at some 270's not to.Thanks..thanks a lot!!:p

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Great looking .22's. So far I've only used Tasco scopes on my .22's, but Simmons are probably nicer. :D