my .22 LR ...

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by frenchnra, Dec 24, 2010.

1. frenchnra

frenchnra New Member

Hi everybody !!

This is my Norinco JW15 A .22 LR, with a Walther 4 X 32 scope :

[​IMG]

I shoot with CCI Mini Mag.

I had this one before : Savage MK II F with a 3-7 x 40 Mil Dot Leapers scope :

[​IMG]

I had sold it and kept my little chinese Norinco ...
    Oh I can hear you shouting "Oh my God, what have you done !!!! " :D
    I know, I know ... The Norinco is my first gun I've bought, so ...

Sometimes I use a silencer (do you say like that ?) :

[​IMG]

50 meters ... (54.7 yards) with my JW15

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  2. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

A. Your allowed to have guns in France?

B. It's called a supressor technically, but everyone will know what you are talking about if you say silencer.

C. How big is that coin in diameter?

D. Nice looking gun but youre right, you should not have sold the Savage IMO.

Also, you should try out some of those low power rounds that have a slower speed than the speed of sound for a very impressive reduction in noise from your rifle.

3. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

I don't blame you for keeping the Norinco! I have two - the JW-27 sporterand the TU-KKW copy of the WWII Walther Trainer. Both are VERY tight shooters! The Chinese do make good .22 rifles! Basically copies of the Czech BRNO/CZ action - it's like getting a CZ451 for half the price! :cool:
    Try some CCI Green Tag and Standard ammo - my China Dolls love it! The JW-27 has shot some honest sub-one-inch groups at 100 yards - not too shabby for a "Chinese Cheapo" rifle.

4. frenchnra

frenchnra New Member

Thanks, usually I use to shoot with subsonics cartridges with the supressor (it's a still n° I don't know :p ) ...

5. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

That is some very nice shooting then, it looks like that coin will just about cover all of the holes. I got a new .22 for Christmas my self, its a remington 597.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I think you converted the meters to yards backwards. It's actually 54.7 yards to 50 meters.

Nice shootin Tex.

But you should have kept the Savage. What does a Savage .22 sell for in France?

7. frenchnra

frenchnra New Member

Oops ... :eek: You're right ! 54.7 yards ...

Hunting with a .22 LR is forbidden in France : not enough powerfull. This caliber is sell for shooting sports ... I bought it for 240 Euros ($ 315) without bipod and scope ...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  8. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

You can't even hunt small game such as rabbits and squirrel with a .22LR?

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That's not too far off from here in the US. Sounds like you've got a better price situation than what the Aussies have.

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Do you have to have a permit and get registration to have a rufle in France?

11. frenchnra

frenchnra New Member

No ... Totally forbiden for hunting ...

12. frenchnra

frenchnra New Member

Exactly ... :mad:
    You have to have a hunting licence and/or a shooting sports licence ... For some categories of weapons it is enough.
    For others like handguns or war rifles, you have to ask for auhorizations ... Many papers to do ... :mad:

I have simplyfied because it is more complicated than this ... And the Law is about to change soon.

13. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

Nice looking Guns there champ. =)

14. byrondean

byrondean New Member

Heh guys.

Buying a norinco jw 15 22lr. Just wondering where I can buy a stock from for the gun.
    I wanna make it look tactical.. Just for fun.

Cheers :)

15. Creeker

Creeker New Member

My LGS loaned this one to test. Not a bad rifle.
    [​IMG]

16. Creeker

Creeker New Member

Check at rimfire central. These action/barrel set up are the same as one of the CZs so maybe there's a stock out there somewhere.

17. BVAL

BVAL New Member

Creeker, that's the second time I heard someone say " check at rim- fire central"
    How about a little help, were is this site located, and how do you use it. Etc,etc,etc.
    I have been looking around, but I can't seem to find anything, many thanks for any help with this. BVAL

18. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

Lots of us 22 guys are members over there. #1 site for the 10/22...

Try Boyd's on the stock. You can get uninletted stocks and do the work yourself to fit some of the odder rifles/combinations...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

GENTS! Check the DATES on threads you are posting to!

Rather than tack on to a 3 year old thread, it is OK to start a new one.

20. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

Sorry c3shooter, just saw the last post date and assumed thread was current. Hard to see the dates on mobile app and small android phone. ;)