My 1911's and daughters

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ellwood45c, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

I all i just realized that my 3 daughters and my 1911 obssesion dont mix. I have a daughter giong to college, one engaged, and one getting married in a couple months. I have been saving for a whiley clapp comander, but my wife announces we found a dress yesrerday. After they told me the cost i could only think, dang thats 4 new colts. Needless to say they were not impressed when that came out of my mounth instead of staying in my head. My other daughter laughs and says she needs a new lap top for college how many colts is that. I love my daughters and will do anything in the world for them, so it'll be no new guns for me for awhile.
    I thought that was a funny story and just wanted to share. I will get my new 1911 colt it just might be awhile, so for now i'll just have to live vicarously through you guys here.
    Shoot much, laugh alot, gods bless family friends and our milatary.

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Yep, that's pretty funny. Have to say, I think like that also. :D

3. kycol

kycol New Member

Sounds familiar that's why there was about a thirty year span of no new guns.

4. yayamamasami

yayamamasami New Member

You're not alone with that. My M6A2 is in limbo for similar reasons. My last two are 16 and 15. After that, kicked to the curb! Get a job. Well, at least that's the plan. Until our buddy Murphy shows up, as usual.

5. levelcross

levelcross New Member

ellwood, this is so my life right now. "I'm the father of the Bride...I write checks". I love her and she now has proof as she has blown the budget for the wedding by 9 or 10 NICE Colts at least. I have managed to keep it under my breath so far. So at least you are not the only one who has had to put his shooting agenda on the far right burner. I only have a couple of weeks more until the big event, then I get to start saving for me again. I hope.

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Geesh glad my daughter is not even 2 yet. :)

7. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I didn't start seeing any spare money until my two kids were grown & out on their own & they were boys! Hard to imagine what it'd been like if they were girls. :)

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Moral of this story? Have sons not daughters! :D and buy them Colts and for yourself...

9. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

actually you've got two opertunities for new colts, afterall them boys your daughters are marrying probably want the father-in-law to like them. tell them its their dowery

10. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Lol now i know why your called wiseman that is a awesome idea. I got one future son in law that wants to go shoot, he has never shot anything other than a 22. The other is actually saving some pennies whenever he can, he wants a xd in 45. I'll have to see if i can play the dowery angle, just as long as the wife dont fund out. Lol

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

My wife told me the other day that she has put $2200 in the safe to spend on vacation this summer. I am almost hoping we can't go! LOL

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife made my daughter's wedding dress 20 years ago. Even then it cost over $500. It would have been several thousand if we had bought it. Around $10K to get here married off. I offered to give them $5K if they would have a simple wedding with just the immediate family but she wanted a wedding.

13. levelcross

levelcross New Member

JTJ, I gave her the option of the Big fancy Wedding or a great Honeymoon....I lost on both counts she said BOTH!!!

I tried the dowry idea and he said we would go look some day.....still waiting LOL.

14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Sounds like my wife. I wanted to get married for free in the church, then have a cheap but good party at the barn..... I never saw the reception hall she booked until the two weeks after...... She plunked $3500 on the booking fee. Was a fun time though.

15. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

I sugested me cooking a hog to save money, but they stoped that idea. I tried the dowery but it went over like a lead ballon, cant blame a guy for trying.

16. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

wow tough crowd guess you just can't reason with some people ;)

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ellwood - *RESPECT* You are a good man Charlie Brown! Much, MUCH respect for putting their needs first.

If gun pron helps, here is a picture of my GRP with a Robar NP3 Plus coating. :cool:

JD

Attached Files:

18. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Very very nice, and thank you. My wife and girls come first they are the most important thing to me.

19. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

tell em to keep shopping.. my wifes dress cost $150 bucks. the vail i think was 200. lol.

20. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Staycation and a new pistol!!!! I'm with you on that idea.