My 1911 P-08 Luger

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by markerdown, Jun 23, 2009.

1. markerdown

markerdown New Member

I inherited my dad's WWII war trophy 9mm luger. He captured it when his unit( 94th Inf Div, 376 Inf. Regt, 2nd Bn, "E" Co) assaulted the Sigfried line while the bulge was going on. Yep, she's numbers matching, made in 1911 pre WW1. Yes I have the story behind it preserved with pics of my dad.

He's still alive and never talked about the war much. He talks more about the awesome lined leather gloves he took off the German Major than the luger. ................markerdown

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Very cool.
    Has it ever been fired?

3. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Fired by me? No not yet. By my dad? sure. He carried it as his sidearm till the end of the war. The barel is still good and she got a tune up at the local gunsmith back home before my dad put it in storage. Don't have the original holster from the time of capture, but my dad remembered it was a brown one. To me, it's a museum piece. It's all original, but the clip ser # are worn and the wooden ends are full of crud, so it's hard to tell if they match the ser # of the gun itself. .............markerdown

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's a cool piece with a cool story! Thanks for sharing! :)

5. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Beautiful P08. Thanks for sharing.

6. Stealie

Stealie New Member

An awesome story. Thank you for sharing. That is one beautiful pistol.

7. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Nice piece, keep it in the family and don't ever let it go.:)

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

As dan_fl politely mentioned, you don't need to hijack multiple threads (or resurrect long dead threads) pasting the exact same stuff. If someone knows about your gun, they'll post it in the thread you created, be patient...