My 1911 analogy.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by DodgerBlue, Mar 19, 2012.

Vote on Extractors and licorice

Poll closed Mar 20, 2012.
  1. Black Licorice and Internal Extractors for me

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Red Licorice and External Extractors for me

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

There are those among us here, that no matter the maker, SIG or S&W for example. They put external extractors on their 1911s, no matter the quality will not use,buy, or shoot due to said external extractor.

Such a pity. More good guns for us I say.

But "they" say stuff like "it has to be pure" or "my 1911 doesn't even need a whimpy extractor, I just the grab the spent casing with my teeth and spit it out!"

I liken it to those who in this world are certifiably crazy because they like and eat black licorice. Sure maybe back in the 1800 b.c. when kids were tricked by their parents into eating black licorice calling it candy.

They ate it cause they didn't know any better. They didn't know it taste like swamp water mixed with poison. They were told it was candy.

In today's modern times, when we know good from bad. The only licorice worth eating is red licorice. Why?? cause it taste good!

Same with the new 1911s. SIG makes premo mass produced 1911s. My 2 are fantastic. They have external extractors. They are a little more squared. But still, they are 1911s. True blooded american .45 ACP 1911s.

So the next time your in the market for a 1911. Like Neo, pick the red one and let your eyes be opened.

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Heeey!!! I like black licorice!!!!

3. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Vincent, that's a thumbs up brother! had me laughing.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Opinions are like licorice - tastes & opinions on the taste vary :rolleyes:

5. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I hate the looks of sigs and S&W pistols. Will never buy one. If you like them great but I want a 1911 not something close. A 1911 doesn't have an external extractor period. Buy what you like and I will understand as difference makes the world go round. If you want a REAL 1911 skip the EE.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

external extractor=solution looking for a problem. kinda like the 40sw

sw and sig make em because its way easier to get an assembly line monkey to pin one in than train someone to tune an internal one correctly. i think it shows a lack of refinement and lack of quality in a 1911.

here is my analogy: external extractor is the timex 9.99 wristwatch from kmart. internal is the rolex. both tell the time but which is classier and higher quality??

7. vincent

vincent New Member

What got my attention was the external extractor thing...was reading an article today about just that but I'll be dipped if I can find it again...I wanna say it was a Jeff Cooper essay from 1974 but I can't seem to dig it up...:mad:

Then you distracted me with licorice!!! :D

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Heeey!!! I resemble that statement!!!! :p

There is NOTHING wrong with the external extractor! NOTHING!

My EDC has one.

[​IMG]

But my new one doesn't!

[​IMG]

I just don't like them. That doesn't make me wrong, just different. ;)

If we all liked the same things with no variations allowed this wouldn't be the FTF, it would be the democratic party! :rolleyes:

9. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I have 3 things to say:

1. I happen to like black licorice.

2. Could ease of manufacture have been a reason for changing it to an external extractor?

3. To finish it off, I add an analogy of my own. If both extract the casing, then who cares? :D

-Fred

10. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Cane, that Colt is awesome!! Dang, a beauty even! Two fine 1911s! your Colt and my SIG. Tape has sinced been removed and is carried almost daily
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. gollygee

gollygee New Member

The first thing that attracted me to 1911s was the 'look' of them. The sig looks like a 1911 with a g***k slide on it.

:eek:

Sorry, the devil made me do it. :p

12. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I don't like this poll what if I like red licorice and internal extractors? What if I liked green licorice and no extractor? It's a biased poll most likely modeled after polls used to show obama's popularity ;)

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I acquiesce and find us agreeing on this.

I did get a chance to fondle a Tac-Ops TB. VERY nice gun. It was a little too tactical for my taste and was the only one they had. I will continue to look for your models.

I have never felt 1911 gun stocks that provided that much purchase! I think extended range time would definitely require gloves to save your skin.

Again, nice 1911.

14. Wi_Hunter556

Wi_Hunter556 New Member

I have to second that, that colt looks amazing!

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Why thank you gentlemen.

[​IMG]

I have decided to name her, hereto she will be called "Black Licorice"!

16. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

I think I see a Tripp 1911 magazine in my future.

I will now be apart of the Cane legend forever. Whenever that Colt comes up in conversation, I hope DodgerBlue will be cemented with it.

I am honored.

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You betja' DodgerBlue.

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What is an internal or external extractor? :eek:

I like both red and black licorice.

19. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

I cannot vote in this poll because you forgot the 3rd option....
    "those who like both red licorice AND external extractors"!!

I cannot stand black licorice personally, but all of my 1911's happen to have internal extractors (however, my dislike of black licorice keeps me from being able to vote for the 1st option).
    I have nothing "against" an external extractor though. I would take an S&W E-series 1911 any friggin day of the week!!!!

20. levelcross

levelcross New Member

If we all liked the same things with no variations allowed this wouldn't be the FTF, it would be the democratic party! +1 Cane

I have both external and internal extractors and have not had any problems with either, but then again I like Black and Red licorice just not at the same time.