My $100 dollar score

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 300Weatherby, Oct 22, 2012.

1. 300Weatherby

300Weatherby New Member

I picked this up from an older gentleman that walked the entire show without an offer. It is a heavy barreled 300 Weatherby built off a Remington P14 action with a Johnson automatics muzzle brake. I need to clean up the stock, but it is a beautifully figured piece of walnut. I will be sure to post a range report once I locate a set of rings to fit the bases. I do believe the 13 pound weight of it will really soak up the recoil.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

Nice rifle! It has character and I love that in a rifle. But I would have a gunsmith go over it. That's a lot of power in an old action. Better safe than sorry. :)

3. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Wow! That's a great deal! Are you planning on using it for any large game this season?

4. 300Weatherby

300Weatherby New Member

Not this year, I'll probably only make it out for shotgun only white tail.

5. 300Weatherby

300Weatherby New Member

Now to start saving my pennies for the heavy barrel low wall takedown the guy had too...

6. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

I would not want that cartridge, but regardless, still a very good buy. Have a couple of nicely sporterized M1917 rifles still in 30-06. Wish I'd paid $100 for them.

7. 300Weatherby

300Weatherby New Member

I just can't pass up a deal when I'm working the table at a show, including the $40 Remington 34... Stock was cracked, or I should say split, but she is a hell of a shooter.