My 10/22Lazer

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by shadecorp, Aug 12, 2013.

1. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Brought her home the other day.
    Have been dry firing her to get the feel.
    MISERABLE trigger.
    A friend has a nail gun with a better trigger.
    Why should I spend X amount of dollars to buy the gun
    and
    and X amount of dollars to get a decent trigger????

2. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

You shouldn't have to pay more to make it shootable. Contact Ruger and make sure you didn't get a "Friday Rifle." They should make it right.

3. shnorse

shnorse New Member

yea, my 10/22 trigger is awful gritty and cheap... i'm debating on getting a nice one to put in, but afterall it's only a cheap .22... hmmm....

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Of course you are using snap caps for your dry fire practice, right. Rimfires are notorious for problems as a result of dry firing. Broken/damaged firing pins, peened chambers, etc

5. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Your thought is understandable.. However, once you go with a quality rifle trigger you'll be thinking why in H E LL did I take so long in doing this improvement:D

6. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

:eek:
    Didn't consider this.
    Thanks
    no more dry firing.

7. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

I was gonna ask about that shortly after the original post, but I thought: surely.....

8. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Actually on Ruger's website in the Q&A it says you can dry fire their rimfires.

9. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

Does anyone know anything about the ruger 10/22 mini gatling kit, like do i have to take apart my 10/22 to put them in the kit

10. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Yes: I have been researching this for a future build out. now if i could only afford 2 10/22's at the same time. Gave my 20 something y.o. one to the Wife...bought a 22Mag. model for myself....now to get two to use for the kit. You can buy all the kit parts for about $350 and add your own guns....or there are some folks who will do it for you...I will post some links to the plans when i find them again....

11. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

12. DrFootball

You will have to remove the stock(s).

13. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

Have you done one yet

14. DrFootball

I have not,..because it's impossible to find 2 at the same time for a reasonable price, and I live right "over the Mountain" from the Prescott Factory....

My plan is to replace regular barrels with 22" match barrels for it anyway so, I'm looking for "Used in Good Condition" models now, since I gave my Orig. to "the Wife" and bought a 22Mag. for myself. I'm doing the "slidefire" conversion on that one...

15. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

Have you considered two of the 22 razor recievers for this build. Just buy the parts you need plus the kit and install the barrels you want. This would look awesome with two of the green mountain Aero barrels...

16. DrFootball

I can get the JARD Ruger 10/22 barrels....

17. nanonano123

nanonano123 New Member

I will look into that . Thanks

18. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

10 22 lazer

I made that same mistake ,I now own 2 Marlin 60's and the two Rugers I have collect dust.:)Cliff