Muzzle Devices

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by MikeJK, May 13, 2012.

1. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

This topic comes up from time to time and felt this would at a minimum be an interesting video. I personally don't agree w/ everything stated in this video but it appears to be unbiased.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlikAdNoGo[/ame]

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Thanks Mike! Good video. I have to say I've stayed with the A2 mainly because it isn't bad and the various upgrades are mindboggling. I do want to try something else though since none of my A2s are pinned.

Strange, this is the first I've heard someone say the BC forces the muzzle down and off target, usually you hear it stays on target well.

3. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I've heard it but it's usually from those who have a lot of experience and great technique anyway. It works perfectly for me but I have lot of rough edges.

Would you like to try a PWS FSC556? I'd offer up a BC but those are pinned.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

it depends on how much junk your hanging on the gun too. the more weight there is the less muzzle jump you get regardless of you muzzle device.

the further you get away from the weight, barrel length, loading that a particular brake was made for the more climb or dip your going to get. heavy or light bullets will affect how much rotational torque you get also.

the a2 flash hider was not intended to affect muzzle jump the solid bottom portion is there solely to prevent dust kicking up when firing prone and giving your location away. thats it

he says the best way to get rid of flash is a flash hider. he is totally wrong. best way is a suppressor it totally eliminates flash and works better than any muzzle brake.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  5. Fixer

Fixer New Member

yup, agree 100%.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Thanks Mike but I've got a dozen other projects right now! Half of them yard work, ugh...

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I want a suppressor. How can I get one.....without moving.....

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  8. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I want one w/o having to wait.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

move... thats about it. living in commiefornia is just preperation for living in hell.

10. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

Don't see a link to any video....do I need a secret de-coder ring?

11. X-mark

X-mark New Member

Go through the time consuming and very expensive ordeal in getting an 07 FFL and a class 2 SOT.

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Guess I should just start working out and join the local swat.....man but I hate to run.....

13. X-mark

X-mark New Member

apparently Movie prop companies can apply for suppressors too:confused::rolleyes: