Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow AR addicts,

Just wanted some input on muzzle devices . I have to cover the bear threads in the barrel so trying to find a muzzle device. Don't really care about flash hiders, besides most devices are hybrids anyway. I was looking at the PWS FSC556, the BWA x-comp, and the Phase 5 P5T. I heard the 556 is really loud , I was wondering if any one has any of these and what they think.
Thank you

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Really it's hard to beat the good ol' A2 birdcage, price and function. And if you're worried about loudness, get the birdcage.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Quentin said:
Really it's hard to beat the good ol' A2 birdcage, price and function. And if you're worried about loudness, get the birdcage.
Your right, cant beat the birdcage. I dont have any experience with any that the OP listed though. Im running a smith enterprise Vortex on mine, ive been very pleased with it.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I have a couple of the different Troy brakes and my buddies complain about how loud my guns are , I told them I dont care how loud it is as long as I can stay on my target and keep repeating . I cant do that with a birdcage as well. Told them that if they wanted my stuff quiet I would gladly accept a suppressor at their cost :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a rainier arms XTC hybrid that works great and is reasonably priced...it's definetly loud for those next to me...but I kinda get a kick out of it... :) I was only looking at stainless steel muzzle devices to match my barrel

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
MrWray said:
Your right, cant beat the birdcage. I dont have any experience with any that the OP listed though. Im running a smith enterprise Vortex on mine, ive been very pleased with it.
+1. I'm very happy with my Smith Vortex too. Reasonable price and has good reviews.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Yup forgot to put up the pic of the troy Medieval

1 - 11 of 11 Posts