Muzzle device help?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Sgt_Skrb_25, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Fellow AR addicts,

Just wanted some input on muzzle devices . I have to cover the bear threads in the barrel so trying to find a muzzle device. Don't really care about flash hiders, besides most devices are hybrids anyway. I was looking at the PWS FSC556, the BWA x-comp, and the Phase 5 P5T. I heard the 556 is really loud , I was wondering if any one has any of these and what they think.
    Thank you

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Really it's hard to beat the good ol' A2 birdcage, price and function. And if you're worried about loudness, get the birdcage.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Your right, cant beat the birdcage. I dont have any experience with any that the OP listed though. Im running a smith enterprise Vortex on mine, ive been very pleased with it.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a couple of the different Troy brakes and my buddies complain about how loud my guns are , I told them I dont care how loud it is as long as I can stay on my target and keep repeating . I cant do that with a birdcage as well. Told them that if they wanted my stuff quiet I would gladly accept a suppressor at their cost :D

5. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I bought one off eBay mainly due to looks but it works well.

image-2202024179.jpg

6. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

GaMatt,

I've seen that somewhere, what brand is that?

7. jg3

jg3 New Member

I have a rainier arms XTC hybrid that works great and is reasonably priced...it's definetly loud for those next to me...but I kinda get a kick out of it... :) I was only looking at stainless steel muzzle devices to match my barrel

8. jg3

jg3 New Member

Forgot to attach pic

Attached Files:

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1. I'm very happy with my Smith Vortex too. Reasonable price and has good reviews.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yup forgot to put up the pic of the troy Medieval

[​IMG]