Muzzle brake???'s

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jlee0812, Apr 19, 2014.

1. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

Good evening,
    I currently have a Vortex flash hider pinned and welded to my 14.5 inch barrel... Been thinking about getting something else installed but looking for suggestions. I was looking at the BCM.. And the battlecomp models. Any suggestions are appreciated

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

3. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

4. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

5. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Don't waste your money. Assuming you got an AR in 5.56, the practical difference will likely be 90% mental and 10% nonexistent.

6. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Or find one you like and it will be 100% enjoyment!

7. samnev

samnev New Member

Muzzle Brake

I agree, I have 2 identical Noveske's one without a brake and 1 with a SureFire 556 brake. I can't tell any difference in recoil but the shooters on either side of me at the range sure can when I shoot the one with the muzzle brake.

8. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

I'm going to run a heavy buffer, I already have an M16 BCG. So I'm hoping that they'll work together

9. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Is it mid or carb length? Just curious.

I just got finished building my only (for now) mid length and after shooting carbine systems for years I can say I really enjoy the mid and will probably stick with it for any future projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

10. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

I'm guessing carbine..... How do I tell?

11. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

It's just the length of the gas tube. Here is an example of three different rifles. Most will say they feel a little less recoil with a mid length gas system with everything else being constant (ammo, weight, buffer etc)

Carbine
    Mid Length
    Rifle
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1398114078.507100.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/...pws-tto-surefire-556k-ares-armor-effin-54781/

It all depends on how you shoot. Sure shooting slow, firing one shot at a time a few minutes per magazine, a compensator or brake isn't going to do much for you. A standard A2 birdcage is gonna work for you just fine. But practical, dynamic shooting, shoot and scoot, run and gun, movement drills, mozambiques, multiple target shooting, compensators make a huge difference.

Think about how you want to use your AR. Plan accordingly.

13. jlee0812

jlee0812 New Member

That's why I chose to do so... My rifle is set up for run and gun...... I chose that griffin based on the review by nutnfancy... He's not all about the cool factor.... It's about getting results.. This tactical compensator is highly recommended...

14. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

If you aren't opposed to stainless I'd recommend the Nordic components corvette brake. Works very well for competition shooting.

15. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Jerry Miculek had his own compensator he developed, and it works well for him obviously.

http://www.miculek.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=25

It's on Brownells too I believe.