must open carry..its the law

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by lfcshooter, Feb 14, 2013.

1. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

Quite a few years back I watched a news report of a town in Texas that made it law that every citizen must open carry at all times.

I can't remember the details

Can anyone recall this?

2. orangello

orangello New Member

I didn't think they did open carry in Texas?

3. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

I am going back some years it was some type of new initiative which apparently reduced crime to a minimum. I could be wrong on the state but I remember the report. It was only a small town.

I wonder if it's been replicated and if there was any info on it. Defo wasn't dreamin. It would be a good thing to try I am sure it would make people get manners real quick and be less likely to kick off over silly things though.
    Be good to get crime stats and all that I think it would have a positive effect.

4. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

5. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I'm 100% sure that Texas is CC only

6. m72law

m72law New Member

This sounded like Delaware to Me,when I first read this....not so much.Anymore:(

7. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I remember a town in Florida passed such a law, maybe 10 or so years ago...

8. RemFire

RemFire New Member

Vermont is very comparable to Kennesaw in that respect then. I notice as a state they have about the same homicide rate as the UK to.

9. FullautoUSA

I love Vermont, New Hampshire is also somewhat similar to Vermont and Kennesaw

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

It is-
    If you look hard enuff you can find a internet story on anything :(

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'm sorry but that is close to the dumbest thinking ever------
    SERIOUSLY-- Think about it AGAIN :confused:

12. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

Do you want to expand on that?

13. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Vermont is quite the curious state. Democrat, almost always a blue state, Some of the laxest gun laws in the lower 48, and some of the lowest crime rates....Also one of the most homogenous communities as well...not that I'm against cultural diversity or anything.

14. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

This...It would just be a bunch of cowboy wannabees.

Attached Files:

• duel.jpg
      duel.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
  15. FullautoUSA

Very few people have the experience to open carry, and most would be running around like cowboys.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I find it sad that I'd need to---

17. Hercules

Hercules New Member

I don't find it sad that you should elaborate some after calling someone out. Waiting......

18. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

I am more interested to understand if this actually worked. Obviously you couldn't do it in the big cities and you would not want to give the criminals the right to carry, not that this would make a difference.

There are plenty of people here telling us ccw and more firearms means less crime. So it would be interesting to put it to the test.

On a small scale. If kennesaw have ensured everyone has a gun then would the next step try every one ccw ? If majority of people are law abiding why would it be like the wild west. Obviously those with a gun would only have them if they are at the legal age.

There might be training involved for everyone if not they would be no more different to you guys who ccw.

The comments about people running around like cowboys would be something the government would say.

19. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

Anyone can post 'dumb idea' then move on. If you have got something to say,say it. If I comment I would at least try to be respectful then put my point across otherwise I might come across as being an @ss hole

20. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Yeah I saw an internet story that said Mitt Romney was way up in the polls.....:confused: