musicians?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by kryptar19, Mar 26, 2012.

1. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Who of you call themselves musicians?

What do you play? Who are your 3 biggest influances?

I play guitar, have been for 5 yrs or so now.

Jerry Cantrell, Ted Nugent, and Jimmy Page are my 3 favorite guitarests of all time. Jerry and Jimmy captivate me with the rythims and melodies the construct, and I just love the way Uncle Ted can jam!

2. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

I'm a guitar player myself, for about 13 yrs or so.

I guess my biggest influences would be Stevie Ray Vaugn and Kirk Hammett. Not the same style, i know, but they're the two guitarists i've always looked up to

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I have always wanted to play an instrument. Anything really. I have a few guitars around and a mandolin but I never have learned to play anything.

4. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Its not too hard. I thought myself how to play the guitar. It just takes time, and practice...LOTS of practice!

5. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

I play guitar, I have lots and lots of band influences, Alice in Chains, Fleetwood Mac, Faith No More, Led Zeppelin and a lot more. I like SRV a lot but I never tried to play any of his music, Texas Flood FTW!

6. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Keyboard and bass guitar. Learned the keyboard as a child. Parents bought a Hammond spinet organ and I took lessons in the late 50s. Still have the Hammond but haven't played for a few years. Still looking for the oil needed to fill the "generator box." Bass guitar in high school. In a band then. Kept up with practice after school. Have a J. Reynolds bass now with a 200 watt amplifier. I trot it out, occasionally, when the neighbors get a little "exuberant" (read loud) with their Juan goes to the fiesta to eat his tacos music.

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I can armpit fart Beethovens "Eroica". I can flatuate "Flight of the Bumblebee".

8. vincent

vincent New Member

I've been playing drums for 13 years in a jam band. Nothing fancy, just me and 2 guitarists get together twice a week at my "studio" in my basement. Messed around with the bass a litlle but then moved onto guitar about 5 years ago and got a little carried away...ended up with 8 in all :eek: when I got laid off I had to cull ther herd a bit now it's just 3.

I guess my influences include, but aren't limited to Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Animal from the muppets :D Carter Beauford, Lars Ulrich, John Bohnham...

Show off your gear...SG on the left isn't mine, neither is the half stack but the ES 339 is...

Attached Files:

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Older pic...dropped a set of roto toms on the crossbar...not pictured, but it's pretty much the same setup I use now...

Attached Files:

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Don't be so modest. I heard you can also whistle "Dream a Little Dream of Me" and burp out "Wild Thing".

I played the violin many years ago but I was never very good at it. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

11. vincent

vincent New Member

Down here in the South we call it a fiddle!! :D

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The difference between a 'violin' and a 'fiddle' is how it's played (amongst a couple other things like the shape of the bridge). I definitely played the violin.

13. BigB

BigB New Member

I can play the radio ;) Oh and mary had a little lamb on a kiddie keyboard.

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

14. lastcast

lastcast New Member

Music

Greetings All:

I love to sit and play my 12 string Guitars. Have been playing since the 60's and love it. Have and old Gibson B25-12N, 12 String hollow body git-fiddle and for other music have a rare, Baldwin Green Sunburst solid body 12 String electric. Both awesome guitars.

Nothing better than sitting out on the deck on a beautiful day or evening and playing my 12 strings while singing John Denver songs. :):):):)

Regards: Lastcast, Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

15. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Guitar 30 yrs, I like to play some hendrix, uncle ted, also one of my favorite later yr pickers is Slash the dude can pick. My guitar is a vintage 58 strat. U can go to johnny an the crashers on facebook thats us. Dont laught tho were bad azz, just funny name we play all over New mexico but most is in Roswell at buddy rays an in Ruidoso at the Inn of the mountain gods

16. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Id like to see you play mike. I mess around w drums some.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

17. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Man I left out DimeBag Daro, one of my favorites!

18. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Go to our face book page we have some live action goin on from buddy rays in Roswell as well as the UFO fest we headline every yr I use my middle name on the sight but u will know that JD

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

No i didnt know that or what your middle name is man.....howd the pete shopn go man?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

20. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Went good were here in dallas now got a 2009 with 23k miles loaded repo, very loaded, guy went broke buyin truck toys his loss my gain. I go buy Jim also