Music Type

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Josey Wales '94, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Josey Wales '94

Josey Wales '94 New Member

Mine's Classic Rock/ any country before the 1990's, it just went to hell after that. Never listen to anythin after the 90's except some Kevin Fowler other than that its Waylon, Merle, Tex Ritter, Blackfoot, Bad Co., LED ZEPPELIN and many many others...... You?

2. AusLach

AusLach New Member

I listen to a mixture but here's what's most popular on my iPod...
    Classic Rock/Pop; The Stones, Cream, The Who, Billy Joel, The Pixies, The Doors, Neil Diamond
    Pop/Rock; The Killers, U2, Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, Coldplay
    Aussie Stuff; Spiderbait, Silverchair, Eskimoe Joe, Pete Murray, Powderfinger

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010

3. TheDaggle

TheDaggle New Member

I'm all over the board. My CD case has everything from bagpipe ensembles to early era punk to opera....

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As long as some thought went into composition. Rap need not apply for a position.

5. ironmaiden

ironmaiden New Member

I like some different kinds...bluegrass, alt. rock. classic rock, heavy metal.

I am a big fan of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Def Leppard (early stuff).

6. Josey Wales '94

Josey Wales '94 New Member

Man, I knew Ya'll had great taste!:)

7. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Amen!! I like your tastes... Except maybe for Smokey Robinson! ;)

8. TheDaggle

TheDaggle New Member

New(ish) bands have actually impressed me with some of their slow/semi-traditional songs.

Dropkick Murphys- Boys on the docks
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiWUPHj2V2k"]Boys on the docks[/ame]

Green day has sucked for about a decade, but I love this one.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQ8N1KacJc"]time of your life[/ame]

Bad Religion- Sorrow (Acoustic)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b_oWdjE5ig"]Sorrow[/ame]

9. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Music

Playing in my computer right now,
    :DAnnette Hanshaw.:D

Attached Files:

10. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Remember, you can't spell "crap" without "rap." As for my musical tastes, rather an eclectic selection. Classical (you know...Bach, Beethoven..all those "long-haired" guys), classic rock (50s, 60s and 70s), acid rock, 80s music, country western, Broadway musical soundtracks (was in the vocal department in junior high and high school and did several Broadway musicals) and even some reggae. I don't really hear any of the current groups because I only listen to the Classic Rock and Country radio stations here in Las Vegas. And there was Pink Floyd before "Dark Side of the Moon." I have all their albums from "Saucerful of Secrets" up to "The Wall."

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm all over the map and it's too hard to really classify my tastes. I like opera, Southern rock, some 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's, early rock and blues stuff. Old soul classics, acoustic guitar like Leo Kottke and Monte Montgomery, Jean Luc Ponty, some smooth jazz except for Kenny G. :rolleyes:

Gypsy Kings, Willie & Lobo, Delbert McClinton, the Subdudes, Creedence, the Band, some Dylan, Allison Krauss, Enya, Beach Boys, some C&W and bluegrass. And on and on...

Rap is not music and neither is that punk crap.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  12. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

13. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Quoted for truth. If you handed any of these rap "artists" (and I disagree that they're artists, too) a blank score sheet (you know, what music is written on) they'd look at you like you handed them a warm turd. They wouldn't know what music is if you shoved it up their collective asses.

14. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Nightwish
    Ozzy
    Iron Maiden
    Old Metallica
    Dio
    Black Sabbath
    Rammstein

And older country,

Johnny Cash
    Merle Haggard
    Willie Nelson
    Charlie Daniels
    Waylon Jennings
    Ricky Van Shelton
    Ricky Skaggs..

The list could go on and on.

15. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm more of a mainstream rocker but anything with a solid guitar running heavy distortion or meaningful and well sung vocals will get my attention. I like that Bad Religion song on the previous page.

16. Jynx

Jynx New Member

I listen to it all for the most part. Heavy metal, hair metal, classic rock, classic country, motown, jazz etc etc...

I'm predominantly a metal-head though with deep roots in the likes of Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Type O Negative etc. I like to confuse the hell out of my nearest and dearest though. One minute, I'll rock out to Sepultura. The next minute, my ipod switches over to Waylon Jennings. I'm all over the place ;)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  17. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I listen to about everything except rap. To me it's just bad poetry set to an unimaginative electronic drum line.

18. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Gordon, you hit that one right on the money. I can't stand rappers at all. If there was any musical talent involved, I'd give them a chance. But there just isn't.

As for me, i'm not a country fan, except for when it comes to the woman singers! ;)
    I like just about everything else though. Mostly Alt. Rock

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Anything Clapton;

[​IMG]

From the Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith, Delaney and Bonnie and Friends, Derek and the Dominos and on to solo status.

Stevie Ray Vaughan
    Robert Cray
    J.J. Cale
    Ginger Baker
    Jack Bruce
    John Prine
    The Band
    Steve Winwood
    Bonnie Raitt
    CSN
    Dire Straits
    Golden Earring
    Jimmie Vaughan
    Roger Waters & David Gilmour
    Anything from the Muscle Shoals Sound Studio
    Traffic
    The Allman Brothers
    Michael Stipe
    Captain Beefheart..............................................

Oh yea and, I Ron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  20. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

I listen every kind of music... I love 80s and 90s music, but I enjoy oldies too... my friends mock of me because I hear The Beatles, The Carpenters, Bee Gees, or Elvis ... Now I'm listening a lot of french music... Carla Bruni, Coeur de Pirate and La Grande Sophie...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaUI6Tvd1sA"]Comme des enfants[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvyMG0z0FZY"]Quelq'un m'a dit[/ame]