Multiple Impact Bullet

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by MisterMcCool, Aug 13, 2014.

1. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

These bullets create a fourteen inch spread from a .45 acp and twenty-four inches from a 12 gauge. I like the idea of having a finite spread from shot shells, but I prefer handguns to be more accurate. It is interesting.
    http://www.mibullet.com/index.html

12 gauge shells are $6 a round! :eek:
    .45 cartridges are $10 a round! :eek: :eek:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. MisterMcCool

I wonder what the penetration is?

3. MisterMcCool

$49.99 box of .45 acp ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1407957208.320561.jpg
    $29.99 box of 12 gauge ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1407957256.539954.jpg

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yet another answer in search of a question. Each lightweight projectile lacks sufficient mass to cause incapacitating wounds. The "hit" probability is even better with #8 shot, it just does not carry enough energy at range to stop the target.

5. MisterMcCool

That must be why they only show examples of it striking paper targets.

6. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Sounds like these bullets almost guarantee that you'll hit the bad guys, the good guys, the walls, the ceiling and Aunt Bertha's quilt hanging on the wall. Think I'll pass but thanks for posting.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

why would you go to this less than effective round in a shotgun?? use OOBuck. its a proven manstopper.

in a pistol this is frangible ammunition. do NOT use frangibles for defense

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Three wires, three weights on the end of the wire. Average MV and rate of twist for a 1911, that is spinning at just over 38,000 rpm.

Gee, that has got to be putting a bit of strain on that connecting cord when that bullet segment hits the end of the cord. No rebound, huh?

Wonder what happens if one of the 3 segments decides to snap the cord and keep going thataway? Say, the CH47 helicopter uses 3 blade rotors- and we even have some helicopter drivers here on FTF.

Hey- fling-wing drivers! What happens if a Chinook sheds one rotor blade in flight? :rolleyes::eek::p

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

BOY I AM IMPRESSED!:rolleyes:

The ballistics would have to suck and penetration through leather or thick clothing??????????? And what about the section of the round or rounds in the video that does not hit the target? What about Aunt Maudie next door!
    Oh well I know most of us will run right out and get some of these! :p
    More crap someone is trying to make a buck with! *Miniature Bolos!:D03

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  10. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Wow, seams like a super fast way to reduce already underpowered hand guns even more, so if a 115grn 9mm pushing 1300 fps packing roughly 400lbs of energy that must mean that round packs 3 projectiles (124 grn total, I am being generous) with a divided weight or (roughly) 41 grns per perjectile moving 1200 fps ( again I am being generous) packs X amount of energy, I am no scientist so can someone tell me how much energy a almost flat thin 41 grn projectile packs?

11. MisterMcCool

FOUR pieces. Three rotating around a center projectile.

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I tend to think in terms like this; I would not purchase "exotic" ammo to use for self defense. If, God forbid, I ever had to shoot someone I would not like to give the potential prosecutor "ammunition" to depict me as some kind of evil sadist. I load what the local police load for a reason.

13. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

O ya, from the emphasis they put on the 3 equal projectile I figured the center to be some sort of polymer, but we will say 4 so 31 grns per projectile.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

357 double ball loads have been available for a very long time. 3 to 5 000 buck at 70 grains each in a 410 looks more impressive.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

131 ft lbs. About in the .22 LR category.

Hey! Maybe that's it! Everyone always talks about what a DEADLY round the .22 LR is.....

:p:rolleyes:;)

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

But... It looks soooo cool hitting paper! :D

The sad part is that it will still sell... It's got that "gimmick" angle so these guys will cash in.

17. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Hey... Those paper targets can be nasty.. .. every get a paper cut!

Take that you vicious paper!

18. Tactical_Lever

Tactical_Lever New Member

Yeah, and probably about 20 times as effective. I can fit 2 or 3 balls of buck in a .357 case and a light powder charge. And it would probably even penetrate! I have some stubby 145 gr. .458 bullets that I have been meaning to try tripled up in a 45-70.

About as deadly, if you could somehow flatten out the bullet, and make it hit sideways....

I think I would trust a shotgun loaded with rock salt more!

19. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If the ammo doesn't have LE in the product number I am probably not interested. I want ammo that is going to stop a bad guy, not provide temporary entertainment to the goblin as burns the village and rapes the women.

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Someone gave me some of the double ball 357 loads and they were marked LE. There is nothing light about the 357 load. The balls will hit about 1" apart with the 2nd ball being higher and slightly right. Velocity will depend on barrel length but it is not a light load. I will stick with the 125 or 158 grain loads though.