Multical Ruger PC 9 / 10/22

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by JohnRambo, May 23, 2020.

1. JohnRambo

JohnRambo New Member

I've never made a gun, nor know the mechanics all that well, yet I have tried to look for answers but I haven't been able to find them.

I am interested in seeing if there is a possibility of converting the Ruger PC 9 back and forth from the 10/22. For example I know that the glock 19 can swap uppers with the glock 22cal (I forgot the model #). Is it possible to do the same with the PC 9 and 10/22 which are on similar platforms?

I am also interested in the possibility of making a Franken Gun with a double stacked 9mm, 22 combo with a longer 9mm barrel stacked on top. Most likely a 16" 22 barrel, under a, I am taking shot from the dark here, a 18-20" 9mm stacked, further back. Ideally suppressed barrels, but I don't know crap about them yet so I am being idealistic. I would use a simple blow back system for each. I know that a single shot is possible, but I am interested in simi-auto for both.

If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it, thank you.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Given enough time, money, machine tools and skill using them, ANYTHING is possible- except skiing thru a revolving door. Couple of problems I could see-
    Obviously you would have to change barrel- but going from centerfire to rimfire, you would have to change the bolt, extractor, firing pin etc. The 9 is a delayed blowback, the 22 a blowback. One has too much energy for the other, or not enough.

As far as the franken gun- again, a 9mm parabellum has too much energy to use a straight blowback. It may be possible to cobble something up- and you would end up with an 11 lb carbine.

Hell, there have been revolvers with stacked barrels, firing 2 different calibers. Notice they are not still being made? Yeah- nobody wanted them. Good book to thumb thru- Firearms Curiosa by Winant.

Abd where ARE my manners? That was your first post here! Welcome to the forum!

3. JohnRambo

JohnRambo New Member

Thanks Shooter, Franken Gun, with very cheap used guns/parts it will be. I'll send you a vid of it when I'm done.

towboater likes this.