Multi state carry for bounty hunters?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by PaBushMan, Dec 10, 2019.

1. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Is there such a permit for bounty hunters? Someone my son knows is saying she is getting a job as a bounty hunter. And is saying she is getting a carry permit to go into other states. I think she is full of it,

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

There are some concealed carry licenses recognized by some other states. There is NO one license that is recognized by every state. A law enforcement officer of a state, county, city or Federal agency can carry in any state (except NYC which has not figured out how to read the law. Being a Bail Enforcement officer is NOT being an LEO.

My Virginia Resident CHL is valid in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

3. PaBushMan

Ok thank you. Then she can only carry in those states that recognize Pa's permit. She dose not even have a firearm yet lol. Claims she has a carry permit. I think she is just a wannabe.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member Supporter

5. c3shooter

You know what they say to people that are certain that they know the gun laws in all of the states?

"Would the Defendant please rise...."

6. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

You forgot a state C3. We also honor resident VA LTC, here in PA.

7. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Let's get to the important questions.

Is she hot? Will there be a TV show? ;)

W.T. Sherman and Sniper03 like this.
  8. c3shooter

Yes- I can see the layout of the show now- We'll call it "Cat- the Bounty Hunter"

We'll have to borrow a bit from the Hunger Games- how does she do with a bow?

You- go look up some of those Laura Kroft, Tomb Raider costumes....

PaBushMan, W.T. Sherman and boatme98 like this.
  9. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

40 years back, in CA, you could have a PI license or a concealed carry permit, but not both. you had to surrender one to get the other. the state specifically said "We don't want people who think they are Joe Mannix"

towboater and W.T. Sherman like this.
  10. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

that was a good TV show:)

towboater likes this.
  11. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Mike Connors was a contender for the role of Perry Mason and played a lawyer who was handling cases for Perry in an episode or two

12. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

You could get a Utah nonresident and cover most of the United States.

13. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bounty Hunters are supposed to return the individual alive and intact. I'd be more worried about laws regarding "transporting restrained individuals", handcuffs, "use of force to subdue", "transporting restrained individuals across state lines". etc.

You aren't going after anybody these days, AFAIK, to shoot them, but to catch them, and bring them back. So a gun seems near useless, if you are pursuing the job properly.

14. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

"Bounty Hunter" ? Good luck to her. Lots of legal problems (changes from state-to-state and even jurisdiction to jurisdiction). Other than Sadaam, Osama, and a few others, I don't recall anyone wanted "dead or alive" that involved payment for a corpse draped over a saddle in recent times. Now THOSE were some hefty bounties !

Known a few "Bond Agents" (or whatever they call themselves), few lasted more than a few months before getting themselves into predictable problems. Steve McQueen and Robert Culp were my favorite TV bounty hunters.

PaBushMan likes this.
  15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

We received an inmate into the prison i worked at in WV. It was mid summer and the guy came to us shivering badly. He was out of jail on bond, ran off to his sisters residence in Florida. The bondsman drove to Florida in his pickup with camper shell, kicked the sisters door in, handcuffed and leg ironed the perp, put him in the back of the pickup and took off.

According to the perp the trip was not too rough until the bondsman stopped at a seafood market in SC. There the bondsman loaded the camper with seafood and ice, and chunked the perp on top the load.

primer1 and PaBushMan like this.
  16. PaBushMan

She is not in physical shape to do the job. Over weight and in her 50's. And smokes. I can just picture how foot chase will go. I think she watches to much tv lol.

primer1 likes this.
  17. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Everyone needs a dream. Not making fun of her, but some jobs are best left to the young. Broderick Crawford (spelling?) in "Highway Patrol" series was almost comedic.
    Wore his pants really tight around his arm pits and couldn't outrun an anvil. Bounty Hunting could be a lot of fun until something goes wrong. Surprisingly some crooks don't tell the truth on Bond Forms and even lie about where they live. Kick in the wrong door …..threaten Grandma ….oops. Remember when the Pinkertons tossed a bomb into Jesse James' mother's house ? Those were bounty hunters (sorta).

PaBushMan likes this.
  18. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

9e9e8401ed71d67bd5737af30b0892a4.jpeg

W.T. Sherman and PaBushMan like this.
  19. PaBushMan

She is a co worker of my sons. He was supposed to take her to where we buy a lot of our guns. He never did. So i explained where the shop is. And i was showing her his used inventory on line. She wants a 9mm. He had a Canik. I showed her mine. She said she wanted one. The one he had is no longer on his site. Maybe she bought it. I'll find out tomorrow. She's coming over to buy a snake from my wife.

towboater likes this.
  20. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

now, about Broderick Crawford. He was Matt Dillon on the radio. he tried out for the TV show. he lost the role when he stood up in a swivel office chair and it came up with him.