MRE's

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Flint Rock, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Where is a good source for MRE's?

2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

You can get them for free! Here....

:D

3. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I've thought of laying in a supply. In my service days we had C Rations. :eek:

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You may have to hunt for the military version. I know of a couple places around here that have them but it can be hit or miss if they actually have them in stock. I keep close to a case on hand in case something comes up.

6. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Oh the good ole days.
    Step 1. Use a P38 to put a small hole in can.
    Step 2. Return can to box.
    Step 3. Set box on fire.
    Step 4. After fire goes out blow ashes off can.
    Step 5. Open can and eat.

I always thought the C Rats weren't half bad............. but I guess I'm "old school".

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I used to really like the pound cake. ;)

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Hurricane leftover MRE

Found this one, Vegetarian Menu No. 12. Veggie Burger with BBQ Sauce. Military issue. Made by Sopakco, Inc. Mullins, SC 29574-3004. Waiting for the next big wind to get more. Wills in da Swamp in La.:eek::)

9. CLJones

CLJones New Member

I'd check craigslist, ive found a couple cases there. But i live near a couple military bases. Some friends of mine have bought some on Ebay but were a bit pricy (still cheaper than what the stores charged). Or find someone who's active or guard and give them a couple bucks for a couple cases.

10. jca1

jca1 New Member

My dad used to bring some C rashings home, I loved the peanut butter and dehydrated stuff.

11. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

There's probably still ton's and ton's of both c and k rations burried all over the pine hills and hardwood bottoms of central La. The army would practice manuvers all over the place and haul enough stuff to go to war and a couple days later bury rather than haul back any thing they could and go back to base.