Mr. Mohamed

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Cheever, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Cheever

Cheever New Member

Background;
    Me—White, Male, Agnostic, primarily votes Republican
    Primary Job—Supervisor at a medical device manufacturer (with 75 direct reports).
    Secondary job—Gunsmith at a local gun shop.

Recently I was in a motorcycle accident which resulted in me having a shattered Tibia and a detached ACL. I have been sitting on my butt for the past 18 days and it is doubtful I will be back to work for at least another month, although the doctor has told my work January 19th (104 more days) is my return date. Since the accident I have received phone calls and visits from friends, family, and co-workers. Yesterday was the best one. I received a phone call from one of my sub-leaders at my primary job. He is African and a Muslim. He has at least 2 children and a wife and has had his fair share of financial difficulties the last year. His last name is Mohamed. Mr. Mohamed called me to let me know how things are going and cover his concerns. He then wishes me well and begins to offer to help me if I need anything. He then says that although he has had a tough time financially he does have $100 I can have if I need it and he can try to get more. Now, I have never asked any of my friends or family for money in decades but I was shocked and couldn't help but smile. I declined, but I can’t help but think that if there is a higher power there is a special place for Mr. Mohamed.

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Amazing to think that one of those "dirty Muslims" would extend a helping hand to an infidel.

No one category of believers or non-believers has a monopoly on caring and humanity!

God bless you in your situation! Have faith.

3. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Well..... dammit.

..Just when you start to loose hope in humanity, someone usually does something like this and restores your faith in it. Remember this ..and when an opportunity arises, pay it forward and restore faith to another.

Good luck on your recovery and (if you're so inclined) riding again.

P.S. ...Taking him out to the range would be a nice gesture.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I like to believe that the vast majority of people tend to be good and kind hearted. When I am in a crowded or urban setting, I sometimes think if there is someone in the crowd that would want to hurt me. And then I think of all the people in the crowd that would hopefully run to my rescue should something happen.

Yes, I think most people tend to be good. I try to do my best each and every day for those around me.

5. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

As an agnostic why would you even care? :confused:

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

OP - Nice story, thanks for sharing. I hope you heal quickly and glad you're at least well enough to "sit on your butt."

:)

7. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Op: thanks for sharing. Hopefully the crowd on this forum that ridiculously thinks every Muslim is our enemy will use this story to reconsider their opinion. Maybe, -gasp-, a Muslim will offer help to them someday.

8. Cheever

Cheever New Member

I will do my best to make his life better here. If his or anyone's belief in the afterlife are true then I hope he, above all others, gets his rewards. I do believe that selfless kindness deserves reward. Just because I do not know if there is a higher power doesn't mean that I don't hope for some people's sake that there is. I am a skeptic by nature but I can't help but admire people who can truly believe in such things. I am Agnostic, not Atheist.

9. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Then, in reality you don't know.

You have been helped by a Muslim who does not believe what the Koran teaches...

10. Cheever

Cheever New Member

I had a long rebuttal written out and realized I can sum it up quickly;

A. I think you are wrong
    B. I will not change your mind you will not change mine
    C. It is not worth discussing with you

I think the story speaks for itself.

11. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

I'm thankful you didn't... B and C I agree with you, but A... well do the research and you will find my statement is factual and correct.

Add D., I'll defend your right to express how you feel. Good for you. :)

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Mr Mohamed appears to be a true friend. I try to allow everyone that comes into my life a chance to be my friend. Very few are really a friend.

13. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Opposites CAN attract...

I ... myself... am a person of faith. Exactly what faith is none of anyone else's business because my personal relationship with God is a private one-on-one matter... Just like my marriage is between me and my wife only.
    My wife on the other hand, claims to be agnostic and says there is no proof of the existence of a higher being.... I tell her to open her eyes and look around. Proof of the miracle is all around if she just sees them.... and we have gone round & round about this for our entire relationship.
    ..She is stubborn (as am I), pig-headed, irritating and too blinded by the need of some carbon based evidence to have a spiritual epiphany.... She is also my best friend, a wonderful mother to our son, the love of my life and we just celebrated 20 years of marriage last August.
    I can however get her to admit that I do not know everything... That part is easy.
    But I do know in my heart that my God wants me to be happy. Otherwise he would not have sent this infuriating and beautiful creature to be my soulmate.
    ...When I say that last part to her she quits the argument immediately.
    (I win...he he he!! :D)... I say that last part in my head. ;)

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Cheever, sorry to hear about the troubles but I like the story. Its no so much the generosity of a Muslim that makes me smile but the generosity of anyone now a days when they likely have no more to give than I. Most of the folks that have personally offended me in my life were standard run of the mill John and Jane Q Publics, that makes sense when 1 in 1000 residents are Muslim that the 999 will be the problem.

Fearing Muslims because they are Muslim isnt a useful or practical measurement tool to prevent anything but harmony. That creates way too many targets when we know for a fact that the real evil lurks in the hearts of the few, not the many.

15. winds-of-change

I judge each person on their own merit regardless of color, size, shape or religion.........as I hope people do when meeting me. There is a reason I don't post pictures of me on this forum. And those who have met me will know what it is. And if they tell I will make it a point to beat them senseless. I don't want to be judged before anyone meets me. Just sayin'........

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Never see that with a bear; they are just evil, evil creatures, the currently living ones anyway.......any ghost bears would also be naturally evil as they roam free, chains or no.

:D

17. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope your not a bear.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

:eek::eek::eek: Mod-bear-ator?!

[​IMG]

19. winds-of-change

I could be at times. :p