mp3 files not mp3 files

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mountainman13, Aug 26, 2013.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I've learned that there seems to be a new trick going on in the computer world. I'm no expert, and I'm in the learning process still, but it seems that mp3 files may not necessarily be actual mp3 files. Don't know if this is just an android based issue or whether or not it can also include other types of files or not.
    Anyway I downloaded some music in mp3 format and my tablet doesn't recognize them as mp3s Although that is what they say they are. Very interesting and confusing. I'm in the process of converting the files to actual mp3s now.
    Anyone ever see anything like this before?

Attached Files:

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Well I converted the mp3s to mp3s and everything works now.
    ;/

3. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Sounds like some kinda virus to me

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Now that you mention it. The woman was playing with my tab. She probably picked something up on Facebook. I'll run a scan.

5. woody63m

woody63m New Member

I remeber limewire I use to use it to download music and I seen mp3 that weren't mp3 back then and they were virus attached to music I ended up with over 600 viruses on that computer this was back in 2008 though

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I never used limewire.
    If That's the case then you can't trust the Google store to weed out dangerous apps. Not that it would surprise me.

7. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

At least you have ok taste in music ;)

8. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I used to run into that issue when I downloaded or put music on my mp3 player. My wife bought me a phillips mp3 music and video player for christmas one year. Anything you put on it has to be run through the software that comes with it to convert it to a format the device can use. Pretty easy tho, just click, drag and drop then hit the convert button.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol Thanks. I don't have much music on it. But It's a decent start.

Yeah I ran a scan that found nothing. As soon as I converted the trouble mp3s to mp3 the music player found them. Just weird that 2/3s of the music wasn't an issue.
    At this point I just figure that the music player all updated and stopped recognizing the other 1/3 of the files for some reason because they were previously working. Odd to me I'd assume an mp3 is an mp3.