Moving to Pennsylvania soon.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by eon047, Sep 15, 2011.

1. eon047

eon047 New Member

Hey I wanted to know the minimum age for owning handguns in PA. I keep seeing its 18 to own 21 to purchase, but that doesn't exactly make sense. Do I need someone to go purchase it for me? Cause that kind of sounds like a straw-man purchase.If its legal does anyone feel up to doing it? I know no one in pa :(. Also, is open carry legal over there? I keep hearing it is but never see anyone over there carrying and sometimes people on the internet can be misleading. Im talking about Philadelphia in this instance,which is also where im moving too.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Maybe to answer and explain your question 18 to own 21 to buy. It is that way in many States throughout the USA. The reason is, it is perfectly legal for a father for example, to give his son or daughter a pistol. But you are correct! It would be a straw purchase for you to have someone buy a pistol for you being under 21. In addition it could cause you some serious problems that would possibly prohibit you from purchasing weapons in the future. Therefore it will be worth the wait for your 21st. Birthday. Nothing says you can not shoot a friends pistol at the range in the meantime.:)

3. eon047

eon047 New Member

Sniper03, Thanks. that had me stumped for awhile. Thank you for clearing that up.