Moving to another state

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Banger, Apr 1, 2016.

  1. Banger

    Banger New Member

    Forgive a FAQ, but apparently I'm awful at trying to perform a search. Anyway, I have a suppressor on a trust and about to move to another state. I want to setup another trust specific to that state and transfer the suppressor to it. So the questions, what is the current process to do that and how will 41F affect that process in July ?
  2. Txhillbilly

    Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

    I'd contact a trust lawyer in the state that you are moving to and find out if your current trust would actually need any changes to it. If you get a new trust and want to transfer the suppressor to it,it will cost you another $200.
    You can always amend your current trust if you need to,and it will not change the tax stamp that you already have.