movie: Restrepo

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mack Bolan, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

My shooting buddy and I peeped this movie this weekend-pretty darn good.

its about a couple units in the korengal valley in afghanistan. I know some of you may see enough of this in your dailey ventures so as not to be too interested in watching a movie about on the weekend.
    I think its very well put together war documentary (follows the book very close too- "war"-sebastion junger) -i think it even won or was nominated at sundance and tribeca, the footage of the terrain in the valley alone is pretty intimidating.

http://www.restrepothemovie.com/

anyhoots, if you like these kinds of flicks, i recommend this one.

mack

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Thanks. I'm going to see it, if and when it comes to town.

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Thanks Mack I will watch for it, even though I question the strategical decision to put a fire-base outpost down in a valley, with no natural cover, instead of up higher on a peak plateau for better all around natural geographical protection and support, observation, and combat tactical offensive and defensive advantages. YMMV

Jack

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

C'mon Jack, it worked great for the French in Vietnam. :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I saw it today and it was excellent. All I can say is, if you have a chance, go see it.

BTW, it is a National Geographic film.

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I will have to check and see if they have it on netflix.

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

OK netflix don't have it in yet but I saved it for when it does. I cant get enough of the military documentaries. I am unable to perform like I did in the service due to disabling injuries so I love to see all I can no longer do. Hope my boys and girls will buck up and serve as well. I want them to do what so few are willing to do for the love of their country.