Movie gun.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by pioneer461, Feb 19, 2008.

1. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Yesterday I saw the flick "No Country For Old Men." I got a chuckle from the ticket seller when I claimed my senior discount, but that's beside the point.

The movie was pretty good, up to a point, with lots of gun-play and action. It also had a plot, until the ending which I found kind of confusing.

Anyway, the lead bad guy, Anton Chigurh (played by Javier Bardem), was armed with a couple of interesting weapons. The first was a pneumatic device used in slaughtering cattle, which drives a piston into the beast's brain causing instant death. He applied it with great success against both humans and door locks.

He was also armed with a shortened pump shotgun, I think an 870, affixed with a suppressor. I've never before considered a "silenced" shotgun. Does anyone know if that's actually do-able?

[​IMG]

2. bkt

bkt New Member

Never seen a suppressor on a scattergun and it sorta makes sense that you wouldn't do that given the nature of shot. The diameter of the hole on that prop looks a mite small even for a 20ga slug.

3. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

There is one made by Young Manufacturing that is DEA approved - no flash..so it can be used for entry into meth drug labs....They have the patent on it..a little pricey but VERY effective. Thats a movie can you see in the movie...not the real thing.