Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the scope mounts for my 8mm that mount onto the old flip up sights, suggestions for a good scout scope are welcome to :)

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Are you talking about leaf sights? Are there 3 that stack up? Pic of the rifle would help.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
2 years ago I purchased a k 98 Mauser and I thought about putting a scope on it but then I wondered how accurately I could shoot it without a scope. Well I reloaded some rounds for it and ended up shooting some 3 and 4 inch groups at a 100 yards using 150 grain Speer bullets and 44 gr benchmark powder. I realized that I could easily use this rifle to hunt with without the bother of scoping it. Try reloading ammunition for it and change out that nasty 2 stage 7 pound trigger for a timney and you will be surprised at how accurate these old rifles can be.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
jpattersonnh said:
That scope is a POS. Are you serious. He can get a long side rail repro mount and a decent 4x scope and use it for the rest of his life. A competent smith would be suggested to mount it, one that knows Mausers.
Wasn't suggesting the scope,just the site as a possibility.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was shooting open sights at about 100 yards or so and kept it on a 3 1/2 inch paddle a trigger would do alot for it I'll try to put a picture up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts