Most Useless Accessory

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You've been to the gun show. You've seen them.

That bayonet for the Glock.

That cookie cutter door breacher.

The 12 ga. round that whistles and drops a payload of confetti.

After the initial cool factor is gone, what is the single most useless firearm, gun show, catalog, website chunk of doo doo out there?

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

And my winner is......

The faux silencer.

I saw these cheap, and thought, "Suppressors have gone down this much?"

Investigating further, it was revealed that this device silences nothing, but gives you that cool silencer look.

WHYYYYYY!?!?!

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

How about the golf ball launcher for the AR's. What the hell....?

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Boy. Benning Boy.

Because it gives us something to laugh at.

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

"Skully is the Cinderella story at the Open today. This kid out of nowhere has been holding Tiger Woods' feet to the fire with a series of impossible shots.

"Ohh, straight into the deepest bunker on the course. Nobody gets out of that one. Skully is going to his bag, hmmm, passes the wedge, what's that? Odd looking club, he's going into the bunker.

THOOMP

"Skully's on the green, Tiger is having a meltdown! He just snapped his putter, what's he saying? "Heffin Poosh"? No, wait, it sounds like...."

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm lovin' it. Caddyshack goes ninja. :D :D :D

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

It would be funny, if some dink out there wasn't threading a perfectly good gun to screw on a piece of aluminum that serves no purpose.

But you're right, I do snicker at some of what I see at the range.:D

8. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Ninja week is coming!

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Most useless accessory??

glockman1990 and hogger129 are running a close 1,2...

But I think Robin would have to be the most useless accessory. Seriously. That guy sucked! And he had the Ghey written all over his costume.....

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Most useless accessory??

The wait for it..................................................................... GLOCK!!!!!!!!!

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You notice he changed that crap the minute he was out from under the old man's leathery wing. Poor Robin...:(

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I have been wanting a solar-powered lazer site for my mossy pump 12.
    :D

(Also have a burning desire to shoot one of those pepper spray/marking beanbag rounds into a buddy's jeep. :D )

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Some stuff I'll never get.

Saw a 75 round AK magazine (Not drum, a MAGAZINE), the seller told you straight up that it wouldn't work, it was for display.

Spend money on something in this economy that you know ahead of time doesn't work?

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You mean like buying a stamp to send in a vote for Obama???

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Exactly.

How have you been, My Friend?:)

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have been good brother. Glad to see you back in the fold again. Are you still training?

What is new around the Benning Ranch?

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Been hanging at gun shows buying useless accessories.;)

Still training, trying to get past a hump phase.

As for the future, I'm intrigued at the prospect of a Tango music video.:eek::cool:

18. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

Useless junk? Aftermarket detachable magazines for the SKS. (Few work, and the rifle handles just fine with it's engineered 10-round box and strippers.)

Also, plastic folding stocks--again, for the SKS--which just make the rifle muzzle-heavy while providing only the wobbliest of shoulder support.

There's more, all for the SKS it seems. If P.T. Barnum were alive today, he's just make aftermarket schlock that looks cool but totally degrades that otherwise serviceable rifle.

19. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The drum magazine for a 1911. I'll have to find the pix as it was just the dumbest thing I ever saw...

20. orangello

orangello New Member

What about a battery-dispensing attachment for gunlight batteries, something built like the rack that holds 6 shells on the closed side of my mossy's receiver. I am LOLing at the imaginary pic in my head: black fully-tacticooled mossberg 500, superduperer flashlight with lazer and DBG counter mounted under the barrel, speed-feed stock in black, with a custom AA battery rack on the receiver. :cool: pimpin!

You misunderstood their purpose; they make excellent monopods. ;)

Seriously, though, the tapco mags i have for my SKS work fine; the t6 plastic stock did make it a bit barrel-heavy, though. (still trying to attach flash supressor to bayonet :D )