Most Produced Weapons

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Romge67, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Romge67

Romge67 New Member

Hello,

I am working on a document at university and am trying to find out what have been the most produced weapons, all I could find is :

- approx 90 Millions AK 47 have been produced
    - approx 8 Millions M-16

I would like to know what have been the most produced handguns, landmines, tanks... and how many of them.

Thank you very much in advance for helping out

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The 1911 has been constant production since 1911. It is made by more manyfactures in more countries than any other firearm ever produced. I'm not sure of the numbers are but they are up there with them two you listed.

The M1911 and M1911A1 have served in every conflict from WWI to Opertation Irqie Freedom. It will keep on serving for a long time.

3. Musket

Musket New Member

I am curious--what type of "document"? A term paper, a research whitepaper, or a filmed documentary?

What is the underlying theme?

Inquiring minds would like to know, and we could probably be more helpful if we knew where this research was going and what it was about. :)

4. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Excellent POINT Ms. Musket!!! There is an err of questionable motive lurking in the anals of suspicion...

5. Musket

Musket New Member

I deal with legislators and local elected commissions on a regular basis--questions have become ingrained in my nature.

It makes the husband nutty though hahaha :D

But, most questions are relative. You sometimes get a wrong answer if you dont give the person enough background for your question.

Now that I am thinking about it, I am also curious if Romge67 is a student, assistant professor, professor, tenured researcher....??? Is this a study or a homework assignment? Also which university?

Not being a pain--just want to be helpful. :)

6. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

I would think the German Mauser would have to be pretty high up there in numbers it was copied in several countries all the way through WWII as was John Brownings P-35 "The High Power" .

7. Romge67

Romge67 New Member

Homework

actually I am an art student at the paris art school and am working on a project called "Weapons of mass consumption" where I wanted to paint the weapons and put the number of how many there have been produced under it.

thanks for your help

8. Mark F

A much more dramatic visualization would be to paint an auto wrecking yard with a count of all the lives lost by cars. "THE REAL WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION".

9. Boris

Boris New Member

Rubbish...but it makes you feel better.......:)

10. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Perfect! Unfortunately not as dramatic or politically correct...where do these people come from? Maybe there should be a basic firearms knowledge test administered at the door...

11. Mark F

Yeah.... like, which end do you point with?

12. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Approximately 37 million Mosin Nagant M91's produced according to wikipedia... thats a lot o guns.

13. Mark F

In 2007, there were 17,941 Drunk Driver DEATHS alone... and this makes up 41% of all the traffic deaths in 07'. I can't imagine why someone could even care about how many guns were made...

14. Musket

Musket New Member

OMG! cars are dangerous, lets BAN them..... :rolleyes:

15. bkt

bkt New Member

Did I miss something, or are some folks jumping to conclusions? Romge67 just asked about quantities of weapons made. Do we know what his painting is supposed to depict? Can we conclude he is painting an anti-gun/weapon piece of propaganda? Rationally, no, we cannot.

It would be interesting (to me, anyway) to learn the number of crimes and terrorist/tyrannical acts committed using certain weapons versus the number of people saved from those things with certain other weapons.

16. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

If you wanted to depict the #1 most mass produced weapon that consumes it's victim just paint a picture of fire .

IT actually consumes it's victim and since man learned to make and use fire it has been mass produced for thousand and thousands of years and used as a weapon .

17. glockfire

glockfire New Member

Sorry pal, unless I see some more evidence on what you are actually going for I don't want to help.

18. Romge67

Romge67 New Member

Here is the thing, I totally agree with the fect that guns don't kill people, but men do.
    I am a pacifist, but not against weapons to defend yourself.
    I think education can save much more lives than forbidding guns.

Unfortunately some weapons have been overproduced like the AK47 as they are being used for the stupidest purposes and so easily available all over the world.

Next to weapons, I want to show the real weapons of mass destruction in our society, like drugs, medias, pharmaceutical labs...

I hope this helps you understand my request and might convince you to help me.

One last precision is that i am not a member of any political party, I respect political convictions from right as well as left, as long as freedom for everyone is the most important value.

thanks in advance for your help

19. bibimidekah

bibimidekah New Member

Hi from Florida!

Just wanted to say hi since I'm new here!
    'm happy to become a member of this community!!!
    Hoping for the the best :)