Most preferred type of fire arm.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by deathkricket, Apr 23, 2011.

1. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

As technology moves forward so do the types of firearms manufactured. with each generation that comes about there are small changes to the operation and types of fire arms, as time moves on some types of firearms are left by the wayside. As noted most of you older guys out there scoff at modern day firearms such as some of the newest bullpups such as the P90 for example. So from the blunderbusses of the past to new high tech chemical laser able to melt a M1A1 from 5 miles away in under 10 seconds, what is YOUR most preferred gun action for any all around situation that you like the operation of the best I.E a auto loading pistol, revolver, pump shotgun, lever action rifle, break action etc, this is not about manufacture or cal, just action. Mine is the break action, there nothing like the feeling of a nice break action firearm.

2. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Pump-action/double barrel 12ga. shotgun....forever and always.

3. freefall

freefall New Member

There's just something so satisfying about the mechanics of a 1911.

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I have to agree here. Until I got the 1911, I was a happy "satisfied" person. Now? I get the shakes, I cant eat, cant sleep, lost my job, my dog hates me, all because I have to shoot the thing and I cant stop looking at new ones!!!

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

AR15/M16. the design is simple and it works better than any other rifle out there. it cant be beat for versatility and is capable of launching a wide range of bullets from 22LR to 50bmg. only the M14 and 1911 has been in service with our nation longer than the M16.

its always been my favorite.

6. jayguy

jayguy New Member

12ga. pump. KING of all guns!!!

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The "Garand" action.... A few guns have it.....:cool:

8. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Kind of lately into custom bolt actions for 1000 + yard long range.

9. WDB

WDB New Member

Well if there is a "new high tech chemical laser able to melt a M1A1 from 5 miles away in under 10 seconds" I expect firearms are a moot point. I'm just going to have to go with the best rock/stick I can manage. Pretty much the same way I view my firearms, just a different platform:rolleyes:

10. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

While I love my 1911 and AR, there is just something about the smoothness of a Mauser 98 bolt.

11. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

For your pleasure.

How It Works: The Flying Laser Cannon | Popular Science

Video: Airborne Laser Tracks and Engages A Missile in Flight | Popular Science

Chemical laser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attached Files:

12. Jay

Jay New Member

Well, if you pay attention to all the ads that say "cheaper than a ____"..."carries more rounds than a ____"..... lighter than a____" .... "conceals better than a ____".......

You can usually put "1911" in those blanks. Hmmmm ... wonder why? :rolleyes:

Just my two cents

13. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I hear you brother. I feel the same way, and 1911s would be my answer today. (check back tomorrow and it might be something else)

14. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

9mm Is an easier round to Come by in today's day and age so I would have to go with a reliable semi-auto 9mm Pistol and either an AR-15 or Kel-Tec SU-16 as my go to rifle.

For a .308 Maybe some type of Remington 700.

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

9mm easier to find. every where I see 9mm 45acp is sitting right next to it.

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

1911. Until they perfect the Lightsaber, the 1911 will always hold a special place in my heart.

Outside of that the well built AR platform and the bolt gun tie.

JD

17. JiroZero713

I can carry more 9mm as well as compared to .45

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Really I can show you 14 rnd 1911's so that point is moot. Plus you wouldn't have to carry as many rounds if yours was capable of killing something bigger than a common darn rat...

As for me I am a rifle guy. AR or bolt I don't care....

19. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

How many ceilings do you have???:confused: No, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

I agree that 9 mm is easier to come by, around my parts anyway. Local Wally World gets 5 boxes at a time of the WWB 100pk .45 acp. They're gone in a day, and never know when anymore will arrive. Ace always has the 50 rd boxes but wants $24 for them. (1st time I've seen Wally World beet Ace on ammo here).

But, I wouldn't use that as a criteria myself. I try to keep enough around for the end of the world. And it's hard to predict what the next shortage will be. I have a friend that preached and preached about .223 because "If there ever were some sort of invasion, the US Millitary would just about hand out ammo." Yeah well, about a year or so after the Iraq war started you couldn't buy .223. If constant availability is the issue, then I change my vote to flint lock. You can make your own bullets and BB.

If it comes to that point, I'm setting up a lead mining operation at the gun club.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  20. JiroZero713

Er....why the hell would you carry a 14 round 1911 that's heavy as hell as compared to either a poly gun that can hold 18 or so rounds of 9mm? Which are lighter and smaller than a .45.