Most Innovative Revolver?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by GatorDude, Dec 3, 2010.

1. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

What modern revolver strikes you as the most innovative, most exciting, and most game changing?

I've narrowed it down to three that I think have really cool innovations: The Ruger LCR, Taurus Judge, and Ruger SP101 .327 Magnum. :cool: My reasoning is here:
    Three Innovative Revolvers for 21st Century Shooters

Did I leave any really significant revolvers out? What's on your list?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Isn't there a .357 called the Rhino?

3. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

That is a wild looking contraption. It supposed to be imported by Chiappa. It fires from the bottom chamber.

4. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Totally agree on the Rhino made by Chiappa

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

Mateba Model 6 Unica in .357 Mag, 44 Mag and 454 Casull

Attached Files:

6. Charger Fan

Charger Fan New Member

Dan Wesson.;)
    While it's not a 21st Century revolver, it interchangeable "barrel under tension" system is definitely an innovative design.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

REVOLVER RHINO cal.357 mag 6 ROUNDS

[​IMG]

20DS 2"

[​IMG]

40DS 4"

[​IMG]

50DS 5"

[​IMG]

60DS 6"

8. GNLaFrance

GNLaFrance New Member

The Medusa Model 47 chambers, fires, and extracts 25 different cartridges in the .38/9mm/.357 ammunition range.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

dardick.jpg

Mr. Dardicks Automatic Revolver. Fired a triangular cross section plastic cartridge (the tround), could switch from .22 to .38 by changing only the barrel. They also experimented with one that used a SALVO cartridge- four shots at once.

MBA_Gyrojet_Rocket_Handgun_6_.jpg

The MBA Gyrojet Rocket pistol. Each cartridge was a .45 caliber solid fuel rocket. Recoil of a .22, power of a 45, accuracy of a thrown chair. Ammo was $6 a bang in 1965. Today? Don't ask!

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I bet firing from the bottom of the cylinder really helps manage recoil. You learn something new everyday.

11. Charger Fan

Charger Fan New Member

I could almost live with that 60DS Rhino, but the others are butt ugly.:eek: And what is that on the side...an evil Pacman symbol?

Wait...

...I see it now. It's a Rhino.:D LOL

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

i disagree that the judge is innovative. reason being is that it is a cheap copy of the magnum research BFR 45LC/.410 revolver.

13. dallascj

dallascj New Member

Cane,
    Is that Metaba Spanish? I've never seen or heard of it before.

14. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Gyrojet was, I believe, the only pistol that could truly be defeated by putting your finger in the barrel. The round did not discharge under pressure of exploding gunpowder, it relied on a rocket cartridge that had very little acceleration out of the barrel.

Was featured in a James Bond movie too I think...

15. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I saw a youtube video review of the rhino. He talks about how great the pointability of the revolver is. When he mentioned this I looked at it again, Doesnt it look like the grip angle is pretty close to the 1911's. Maybe someone with a protractor can verify.

16. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O217lS2kVRk&feature=related]YouTube - Chiappa Rhino[/ame]

6 shots, 7 yards, 357 mag Chiappa Rhino-----1.39 Seconds!!!

Ive seen bill drill videos with 5 inch 1911's done in 1.5-2.0 seconds. Granted he isnt drawing from a holster. So, add half a second, 1.89 seconds?? Isnt anything under two seconds the goal of a bill drill? Low recoil, high power, fast shooting, small sized, light weight. Possible perfect concealed/open carry self defense handgun??

I would love to see one in 44 mag.

17. Viking

Viking Active Member

I remember going into a gunshop in Bremerton, Washington (a Looong time ago) and I saw the triangular plastic cartridges and as well the Gyrojet cartridges but best of all is remembering the saleman showing the great new Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag.

18. powg

powg New Member

innovative rev.

the rhino .....almost as ugly as a .455 webley. imo the best looking revolver ever made , would have to be the colt python

19. powg

powg New Member

revolver revolution

there was also a revolver ,that used recoil to clock the cyl...kind of a auto revolver ,instead of flutes the cyl had channels to do this,while firing .i think it was british ....butt ugly british