mossberg vs s&w

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by mwardo23, Aug 25, 2012.

1. mwardo23

mwardo23 New Member

I'm looking to buy a Smith & Wesson m&p 15-22 rifle but don't have $500 to drop on one. I see mossberg sells a similar rifle, for half the price, and was hoping to get some help deciding which one to get. I really just want it for target shooting and maybe the occasional rodent.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

If you are a hardcore AR 15 devotee, get the S&W.

I ordered a Mossberg Plinkster Tactical from Palmetto State on a deal of the day sale. I put a $40 Tru Glo red dot on it. Hope to shoot it this weekend.

Everything I have heard/read says the Mossberg is worth its price. However it is just a 22lr action wrapped in polymer to look like an AR.

But still should be fun to shoot and put squirrels and such in the gumbo pot.

Also, welcome to FTF. Stop by the Introduction section and let us know a little about yourself.

3. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

Mossberg-S&W15

To me they are all .22 wrapped in a AR type stock. They will not shoot any better than a Marlin 60 or Ruger 10-22, they just look different!:) Cliff

4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Get the smith. Compatable with all ar accessories and from what I researched. It is the best one of them all.

And I bought one.

5. niteglock

niteglock New Member

This is mine

Attached Files:

6. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Oh and you can buy 35 round mags from midway USA for like 30 bucks each. And they are nice quality. I bought two

7. niteglock

niteglock New Member

These are the 35 Rounders compared to original 25. They are sweet

Attached Files:

8. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Better comparison

Attached Files:

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Make sure if u get a bipod though. Get one that at least goes to 13in. Mines a calldwell 9-13

Attached Files:

10. mwardo23

mwardo23 New Member

Thanks niteglock. I think that's what I'm gonna go with. Just gotta save up the money.

11. Howdy

Howdy New Member

Howdy,
    I like the Smith good enough that I now have 2 of them. One is scoped and the other uses the stock sights. Both are accurate and dependable. I have shot every known brand of ammo and they will function with no problems. In fact I have yet to have a malfunction. Great little rifles!!!!! Have a goodun!!!!!!!!