Mossberg Tactical .22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by JustinM, Jul 13, 2012.

1. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Does anyone have a Mossberg Tactical .22? I want an AR style .22 but don't want to drop 500 plus. I hunt but this would mostly be for plinking. I just want to know how well it performs or if it's picky on ammo. I also wanted to know how durable it is especially with attachments. Pictures of your tactical .22's would be great!

2. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

We had one for a few months, not a bad little, but it's just a Plinkster playing dress up. It was fairly sturdy and held up to accesorizing quite well.

Attached Files:

3. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

Mine ate most of the bulk 22's well. The only reason we traded it off was my son decided he prefered Cowboy style guns and we got a good trade on a Henry. But it only looks like an AR the controls are 519 plinkster.

4. naf84

naf84 New Member

Mines great. I've put prob 1000 rounds through it, it's only ever failed to eject like 3-4 times when shooting rapid fire. I got mine for about $279. Then got a $50 reddot sight and a $10 foregrip off cheaper than dirt. Cleaning it's a little time consuming unless you're just cleaning out the barrel. There's like 13 screws to get to the insides of the guy. Other than that it's great.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

That is NOT a good selling point :(

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Justin , I dont know if you have an AR but you might consider the .22lr conversion if you do . if not I suggest saving up longer and buying one and a .22 lr conversion . Now you have 2 guns in one . The conversion kits run $129 at primary arms . Just a thought ;)
    if you read that they are not accurate out of a AR its not the guns fault . This pic is at 60 yards shooting cheapo winchester 555 bulk thru a 1:7 twist barrel on a 3" dot . It will get inaccurate around 750 rounds and it does need to be cleaned or it will open up to about 6" groupings

10 shots @ 60 yards

[​IMG]

25 shots @ 60 yards , I pulled a few
    [​IMG]

25 rd mag dump @ 60 yrds
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  7. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Sounds like a good buy to me. Thanks! The gun looks great.

8. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Sounds like you got a good kid lol. I love lever action and six shooters.

9. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have an AR. Almost did yesterday but the deal fell through. I plan on starting a build in the next year but I want the .22 for small game and target. I'll either build an AR or buy the Remington R15 for predator hunting. I just bought a handgun so money is the main thing.

10. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Hossfly you have to be the most active member lol I've seen you in every thread I've been to haha

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

This is wat you do when you retire & it's raining :p
    And yes my guns are all clean :p

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Thats cool , keep saving you wont regret owning one . There is so many choices on the AR 5.56 platform for calibers , everything from .17 hmr all the way up to .50 BMG. and its like a barbie doll for men , so many ways to dress her up :D

13. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I made a couple trades that started with a watch for a lower end Llama 1911 then got a tactical .22. I didn't spend a dime and got rid of a watch I got as a gift and pretty sure was fake lol.(I informed the guy of my concerns on its authenticity before we shook hands)

image-2107851479.jpg